We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wora Bura distance to Hua Hin Centre

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wora Bura distance to Hua Hin Centre

Hi All,

I hope someone can give me some advice on the Wora Bura Resort in Hua Hin, mainly the distance to the main town centre of Hua Hin. We have stayed at the Sofitel Resort which was so central, and because we loved the colonial style of the building, we thought about the Wora Bura, for this coming February.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

cli
Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wora Bura distance to Hua Hin Centre

Have never stayed there but have eaten there on a couple of occasions and wandered the grounds at the same time. It is colonial in style but not quite as nice as the Sofitel but would have no qualms about staying there from what we could see and the grounds do lead down to the beach. There also seem to be cottages in the grounds around the garden edge, the garden area being quite long and narrow stretching from the main road down to the beach itself. There are quite a lot of restaurants in the area in easy walking distance along with a very nice massage parlour we use a lot and a very good hairdresser that my wife and her friend use all the time.

As to distance from the town, unless you like walking a lot its a trip by Tuk Tuk, taxi or the bus as its probably getting on for a couple of Kilometres from Market Village and a further Kliometre+ up to the Sofitel area, but a Tuk Tuk should do the journeys in just a few minutes.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
122 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wora Bura distance to Hua Hin Centre

Thank you Cli, for your detailed information regarding Wora Bura, as I thought it would be much too far to walk into town, so taxi it is. Good to know there are restaurants in the area as well.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wora Bura distance to Hua Hin Centre

They have a shuttle to town but I don't know if it's free or not.

During the daytime wander down to the road and then flag down the lime-green songhtaew ( pick-up with seats in the back ), goes past the shopping mall and then into town and terminates in the market.

Hop off when you want ( ding the bell ) and hand 10 Baht per person to the driver ( or whoever sitting in the front seat ).

This is daylight only. For evenings probably best to use their shuttle. I am guessing taxi back about B 200 ( maybe 150 ).

Let's Sea for Dining is very near, for a more rustic experience Madame Green is walkable. About 5-6 mins by taxi is Supatra by the Sea with views of the Golden Buddha, lovely at night, hilltop La mer with great seaviews.

On the main road you can wander along to the local village for groceries, 7-11 and local Thai food at 'local prices'.

As Cli has said very similar style to Sofitel but smaller quieter.

4. Re: Wora Bura distance to Hua Hin Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2010, 13:21
Get answers to your questions about Hua Hin