We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naga Pura - Pool Villa

Bangalore
4 posts
Save Topic
Naga Pura - Pool Villa

Hi.

I have been looking at Naga Pura Resort and cannot find any traveller's own reviews either on TA or elsewhere.

Has anyone stayed there and if so what are the pool villas like?

Is the location close to restaurants, beach, bars etc?

We are looking for a good pool villa in Krabi that is close to amenities.

So any feed back on this resort would be beneficial as this is first time we are visiting thailand. And this resort find exotic in their website and i got immediate reply from their sales counter with decent deal...So any review about this hotel is apperciated

Shyam

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang Naga Pura Resort & Spa
Ao Nang Naga Pura Resort...
192 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Naga Pura - Pool Villa

There are no reviews because these villa's are almost impossible to find. When arriving at Krabi, our driver had never heard of the villas, they are not on any maps either. You have to check into a different hotel which is at least a 5 minute drive away, which they then drive you over to the villas. This is not close to the beach and the beaches in Ao nang aren't great. There was not a single person in the water for the 2 days we were there.

The villa's themselves are really beautiful, however there is massive construction sites on both sides at the moment. Workers start with cranes etc from 7am and work through till 11.30pm. The site looks directly into the windows and swimming pool also. The noise was way too much and having to close all the curtains and not use the pool made it unbearable. The staff at the other hotel speak very very limited English and the rooms do not appear to be fully serviced. We couldn't even find a number to call through to the other hotel to ask questions.

You have to advised the hotel (which I would rate as possibly 2 star) when to pick you up in a tuk tuk to bring you to breakfast, which was the worst we have had in all of Thailand. No buffet or selection, we were seated and brought a plate with a piece of bread, slice of spam, two weird chicken sausages and some lettuce, with fried egg on top....to bad I'm vegetarian.

Overall our experience of this place was a 1 out of 10, even though the villa itself was lovely, you couldn't enjoy it. If you like white sandy beaches and Thai culture etc, Ao nang is not the place for you. We would definitely not return here.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Bangalore
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Naga Pura - Pool Villa

Hi ,

Thanks for the post..Even I stayed there from 27 May till 31 May..and I have gone through all things you mentioned in email...Even to worst we had sometime need to face electricity problem for which we need to call their another hotel and after some time they will sent some person to recitify..and even for two days we had problem with water supply which was recitied after calls..

this place is only good for the Villa apart every thing is poor..and one more good thing is about their house keeping decoration in the rooms..

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naga Pura - Pool Villa

Take a look at www.baansanthiya.com

5 mins from the beach but there is a Tuk-Tuk service.

I know there is definately alot of construction going on around Naga Pura at the moment

Edited: 30 July 2010, 18:03
Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang Naga Pura Resort & Spa
Ao Nang Naga Pura Resort...
192 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
4. Re: Naga Pura - Pool Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 13:16