We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach Boutique Resort Krabi - Yay or Nay?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
The Beach Boutique Resort Krabi - Yay or Nay?

Hi all,

I want to surprise my bf for his birthday with a trip to Krabi. It'll be the first time for the both of us - we're usually city travelers, not so much beach bums.

After an entire day of online research, I think I've settled on The Beach Boutique Resort. Got my eye on the pool villa. Does anyone have any experience with this resort?

I'm after a relaxing, romantic weekend and The Beach is within my budget (albeit stretching it a tad bit). From what I understand, it's 40 minutes by car to the town centre. I'm not even sure if that's an issue or not since I have absolutely zero idea about what to expect in Krabi.

Looking at pictures of The Beach, I'm already picturing us lounging on the sundeck and staring out at the sea. I also gather that the beach itself isn't that great. Again, don't know how big an issue that is... because a) we won't be swimming in the sea and b) we've got the private pool in our villa.

I was looking at the Centara Grand but that's out of my budget. I really want a villa with a sea view ... or if not, then with a private pool.

Would be very thankful for any suggestions. His birthday is 2 months away and I'm really excited to surprise his socks off.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
The Beach Boutique Resort
351 Reviews
Nuea Khlong, Thailand
Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Krabi
Centara Grand Beach...
4,314 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
Silicon Valley
Level Contributor
199 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach Boutique Resort Krabi - Yay or Nay?

I don't know anything about that resort, but it seems very isolated. If you wanted to socialize or go out, it probably isn't the best location. Of course, I'm a restless traveler; I'll just walk around and look at things rather than sit still and "relax."

Regarding Krabi town, there's a morning market where you can get great noodles, fried chicken with sticky rice, delicious coconut waffles, fruit and sweets, cheap knives, and plenty of discount store junk. In town, there are stores selling fine batik fabrics (some hand made, some factory made), as well as plenty of tourist goods. I like the Varich Batik workshop. There also are very good restaurants; look up Ruen Mai for a very pleasant and romantic setting. But it's quiet at night; most of the partying would be at Ao Nang or Railay.

Edited: 18 July 2010, 07:03
Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Railay Beach
Railay Beach
Krabi Town, Thailand
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach Boutique Resort Krabi - Yay or Nay?

I too booked the Beach Boutique resort (pool villa) to surprise hubby for his birthday. Sadly the resort didn't live up to expectations and we moved to the Sheraton by 6pm. The sole reason for the move was due to the fact the a/c wasn't working well and the management tried to convince us that "it's normal to have it set at 28 deg C". Oh and the pool is actually more a plunge pool than a full size one. The beach was about average.

Mentioned in this post
351 Reviews
Nuea Khlong, Thailand
3. Re: The Beach Boutique Resort Krabi - Yay or Nay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 13:17