We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Beach Resort - A few important questions!

London
Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Beach Resort - A few important questions!

Could someone guide me please. Looking at having a two centre stay Santuburi in Ko Samui and then 5 nights in the Centara at the end of March 2011. I have been to Thailand a handful of times and really love the massages on the beach and also trying different restaurants. We will be taking our two boys age 9 and 13 with us and we do like a bit of luxury....

Is the Centara suitable?

Is the Monkey trail OK for someone like me who is a bit lazy and who doesnt want to mess up their clothes going out in the evening scrambling over rocks!

Are there massage ladies on the beach or do you have to go to Ao Nang?

Is the hotel as nice as the Santiburi or are they too different to compare?

Are their any beach restaurants just outside the hotel or do you need to go into Ao Nang?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Beach Resort - A few important questions!

The Centara is on it's own private beach and is only accessible to Aonang by boat. I didn't stay there but a longtail stopped there to drop a few passengers off. From what I could see only the resort is there and if there is any massages it's probably through the hotel.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Beach Resort - A few important questions!

The Centara is very secluded and the monkey trail treacherous in darkness. Convenient access by boat only. All restaurants at Pai Plong beach are operated by the hotel. They offer massage, as well.

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Beach Resort - A few important questions!

The Centara is a wonderful hotel, with marvellous restaurants and a superb, private, beach. It is however a tad on the pricy side but as you are only there for 5 nights I would not think this a problem.

The monkey trail is a poorly maintained and dangerous method of getting into Ao Nang, especially at night or when damp. The hotel does not endorse its use and your holiday insurance will thus NOT cover you should you injure yourself. Don't worry though, the restaurants in Ao Nang are not of a very high standard compared to other places in Thailand and the clientèle and ambience in most of them is poor. Stick to the hotel and you will have a superb time.

4. Re: Centara Beach Resort - A few important questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 14:17