We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Exchange

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Money Exchange

Just wanting to know a good trustworthy money Exchange in Patong ?

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
4 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
12,226 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Exchange

Just go for the one offering the best rate

Make sure you count your money & put it away safely, before you walk away from the booth

Rawai, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Exchange

But don’t spend all day looking for the ‘best rate’ You could well spend 2 or 3 hours trying to save $3 or $4 and I doubt you’d do that when buying something back home.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
516 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Money Exchange

Posts 1 and 2 contain good advice. I once buggarised around for almost 2 hours walking from exchange booth to booth trying to get the best deal. Exchanged 500 AUD and saved myself around $4-5 compared to the 1st booth I checked. It was, on reflection, a ridiculous waste of time and a silly way to spend 2 hours on holiday. Nowadays I check between 3-5 booths (maximum) and go with best rate and get back to my holiday. Good luck.

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
201 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money Exchange

My advice is this.

Patong has so many. Google the rate and walk around and try to get as close to that as possible. As indicated above you probably shouldn't waste too much time but DO in fact check around. You will find some are rip offs and I actually got 100 BAHT more by checking around. Just don't overthink :)

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Reply to: Money Exchange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted