We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Pamukkale

London, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Visit to Pamukkale

Hi fellow travellers,

We will be in Antalya in mid June and were planning to do a trip to see Pamukkale.

I had a few questions.

1) Is it over-hyped. It has been on my bucket list for a long time, but I have been reading mixed reviews. What are your thoughts.

2) We are planning to use Day 1 (early morning drive) and a stay in Night 1 in Pamukkale.

Is there anything you would suggest to visit on the way or back, that we should not miss?

Is there anywhere specific you would recommend for us to stay.

3) Any suggested routes? Ideally the easiest drive with the best roads. As I will have a little one with us.

Thanks a mill,

S

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Pamukkale
Pamukkale
Denizli Province, Turkey
2 replies to this topic
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,694 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Pamukkale

I didn’t think it was over-hyped ... okay maybe not as pristine white as photos show but still lovely to visit ... and it’s all lit up at night which is great to see.

Jak xx

Turkish...
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Pamukkale

I think that Pamukkale is worth to see at least once in a lifetime.

On the way there you can stop by Salda Lake (Salda Gölü), it's called Turkish Maldives, white salty beach and beautiful colored water can make huge impression. And it is known from healthy properties.

Most of the roads from Antalya to Pamukkale are in good condition so you don't need to worry ;).

Mentioned in this post
Pamukkale
Pamukkale
Denizli Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Reply to: Visit to Pamukkale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted