We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalya taxis excessive fare avoidance

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Antalya taxis excessive fare avoidance

I had planned my trip to avoid the taxis in Antalya as most requested amounts seemed as a rip off that no one would be willing to pay. Unfortunately my daughter had a medical emergency and I’m at hospital with her for one or two nights. I had to use taxi and paid 100liras just for less than 10 min ride and I will have to go back and forth to hospital and hotel. What’s the best alternative to taxis? I know that Uber and similar are not usable. Btw, I stay in belek and hospital is also in belek (ozel aspendoz) and wish to avoid this taxi rip off business.

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,474 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antalya taxis excessive fare avoidance

Maybe speak to your hotel and ask them to arrange a cheap taxi. Did you insist on the meter being on? Keep an eye on it and take the taxi number when you get in - that should stop any cheating.

Unfortunately in Belek tourists are seen as fair game as many choose to pay in Euro so the drivers have got used to a fare in Euro and at today's exchange rate they are obviously taking advantage.

runcorn
Destination Expert
for Belek
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Antalya taxis excessive fare avoidance

Use a bus from Belek to serik, get off and on directly outside the hospital

Reply to: Antalya taxis excessive fare avoidance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted