We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Flight in Antalya

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Connecting Flight in Antalya

Hello,

Been browsing the forum a fair bit. Thank you to everyone who contributes as there is a wealth information on here.

I am arriving in Antalya and I would like to catch a connecting flight to Istanbul straight after.

The flights will be on separate tickets. I arrive at 1230 pm from the UK, I will probably need to pass through security, collect checked in bags, catch a taxi to the domestic terminal, drop off checked in bags and then board flight.

How much time is reasonable to allow for all of this? Are there long queues? I am thinking about 2h 15mins or 2h 45mins. Open to any other ideas that anyone may have.

Thanks!

13 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,075 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

You also have to go through passport control so would need an evisa www.evisa.gov.tr

The longer time may be better just in case you land at a busy time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Thanks. I will try for the later one.

12:30pm I'm assuming is a busy time of the day? Is there any type of insurance/fastrack/flexi ticket that could cover me should I be delayed due to queues?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,075 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Check with your airline/s first of all.

It is always a good plan to book connecting flights on one ticket so if you are delayed the onus is on the airline to sort you out.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Just to update you on how this went:

I arrived in Antalya at 12:30pm and had a flight to Istanbul at 4:15pm with Pegasus. So plenty of time to make my way between terminals and security etc.

Well, turned out that I picked up my bags, cleared security and transferred to the domestic terminal by 1:15pm. So now I had a long 3 hours of just waiting.

There were a few earlier flights heading to Istanbul and we had the bright idea of asking if we could get put on an earlier flight. It worked!! The lady at the check-in for Pegasus put us on the next flight out (2:15pm) for free.

Really happy with that outcome and well done to Pegasus' customer service.

Solihull, United...
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
839 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Glad to hear that useful bit of info.

Surprised a low-cost carrier would allow an earlier (free) departure. I guess not everyone is as awful as RyanAir!

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,075 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Fantastic. They will often transfer you to an earlier flight with spare seats. Especially if your original flight is pretty full. Oh and close to the busy time for those travelling on business.

Yorkshire, England
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
75 reviews
7. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

I find that Pegasus are usually excellent and their extras, luggage, seat choice, food, drinks etc. are very good value compared to any UK airline. For not much more, you can get most of these included on a 'flex' ticket which allows changes and even a full refund up until a couple of hours before the flight. I just wish they flew from Manchester (they fly Stanstead-Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen and onto to Antalya from there).

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
8. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Yes all the add-ons were really cheap. I added an extra 5kg of checked in baggage for £5 which is not much compared to some of the other airlines.

2 posts
1 review
9. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

Hello,

Can I ask what ticket type you had with Pegasus? i.e. essential vs flex?

I am flying Stanstead - Istanbul - Dubai with a pretty long layover, and wondering if it is possible to get put onto an earlier flight when I get to Istanbul, if there is one free. I'm hand luggage only so there would be no issue with the baggage either.

Thanks!

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
10,075 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Connecting Flight in Antalya

You can try!!

Reply to: Connecting Flight in Antalya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted