We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalya to Greece

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,955 posts
413 reviews
Save Topic
Antalya to Greece

I have a weeklong conference in early June in Antalya. From there, we want to work our way to the Greek Islands and eventually to Athens. We don't have time for ferry, so looking for flight options from Antalya direct to somewhere in Greek Islands where we can spend a few days then fly up to Athens.

This is a new part of the world for us and open to any suggestions.

Thanks.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antalya to Greece

As far as I know the only flight to a Greek island from Turkey is from Istanbul to Mykonos with AtlasJet.

You'll really need to get over to the west coast for a ferry to Rhodes or Kos or Samos, and then get a flight onwards from there.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,050 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antalya to Greece

Closest to Antalya is Meis (Kastelorizo), it is a very short ferry trip from Kas, there are flights from there within Greece, but you have to check perhaps better on the Greek forum to which destinations.

This ferry trip is very very short, you could almost swim to Meis if allowed.

Good luck!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,840 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antalya to Greece

another alternative is flights from Antalya to Ercan in north cyprus.. and then cross over to the greek side and get flights or ferries from there.

cypnet.co.uk/ncyprus/…index.html

northcyprusonline.com/North-Cyprus-Online-Ho…

I do hope that even though you have a week long conferance in Antalya you have some time to visit the local sights or even take time away from Antalya..why not spend a bit of time to discover the beauty of this area before jetting of to greece ??

you could travel along the coast and either in Fethiye, Marmaris or Bodrum take a ferry to one of the greek islands

The entire coastline of Antalya ranging from the city of Antalya to Fethiye is a wonderful way to spend a vacation. And some with spendid beaches and historical areas. Here are some great places to visit south west from Antalya - Phaselis, Cirali ( my village ), Myra, Kekova, Kas, Kalkan, Xanthos, Patara, Telmessos, Fethiye, Oludeniz, and Kayakoy.

A couple of places along the way from Antalya I recommend are Cirali, Kas, Ucagiz ( Kalekoy ), Patara and Kaya koyu near Fethiye.

Çıralı is an agricultural village in the southwest of Turkey in Antalya Province. It is close to ancient ruins of Olympos and Chimaera permanent gas vents.

You can see my photos and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

Edited: 06 March 2010, 20:26
Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,840 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antalya to Greece

bumping up..

Be sure to read.. the right hand side of this page. and look for the "Top questions about ANTALYA"

Excursions and day trips

Currency, money questions and ATM'S

WEATHER - Some helpful hints and links

Six things you must do in... Antalya, Turkey

Shopping in Antalya

5. Re: Antalya to Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 13:15