We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Kas good for international tourists ?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Is Kas good for international tourists ?

I’ve heard Kas is majorly popular only with British tourists vs Bodrum which is more cosmopolitan. What does everyone recommend? Bodrum or Kas ? We’re looking for a laid-back vibe with a cosmopolitan / local touristic vibe.

4 replies to this topic
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Kas good for international tourists ?

I think you may be confusing Kas with Kalkan which is probably more popular with British tourists (although I have noticed more of mix there too in recent years).

Kas is very cosmopolitan. It attracts tourists from many countries, none of which dominate. There are many Turkish holiday makers too, especially in the summer months. Kas is very laid back compared to many resorts.

I have not been to Bodrum so can't really compare the two other than to say that I understand that Bodrum is significantly larger than Kas.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Kas good for international tourists ?

Thanks that’s helpful !

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Kas good for international tourists ?

I agree with Adana, Kas is the place for you if you want a laid back holiday. We get many nationalities and Turks come here for their holiday. I have been to Bodrum (15 years ago) and it was a large busy noisy resort, and I expect that it has only got more so over the years.

Edited: 16 July 2018, 19:03
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Kas good for international tourists ?

I also agree, compared to busy Bodrum, Kas is certanly more cosmopolitan, in fact that's why we like it. We were there last year for Eid and it was full of Turkish couples and families, we only spoke to one British couple the whole time we were there. We usually wander around in the evening after a meal, It has a lovely laid back feel especially as many of the narrow streets are pedestrian only so should suit you fine..

Reply to: Is Kas good for international tourists ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations