We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Oreo

Gloucester, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Oreo

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? We are using it with Exodus and have only seen one review which was quite unfavourable.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Oreo

Sorry haven't stayed there but have walked past on many occasions and popped in once for a quick look as from the outside it looks quite nice.

It appears relatively simple ( I do not mean that in a negative way) and has quite a nice pool area at the front. It is just a five minute walk from the centre of Kas and the harbour and although the walk back is uphill, it is quite a gentle slope.

The rooms appear quite small, but this is not uncommon in this style of hotel - but how much time will you spend in your room?

We have always though that it would be a good place to stay if we were looking for hotel accommodation

The hotel is part of the Bougainville Travel comapny that organises activities in the Kas area which is presumably why it is used by Exodus

http://www.bougainville-turkey.com/ana/hotel.asp?p_reg_id=4&p_reg_name=Ka%FE-Kalkan&p_hot_id=40&p_hot_name=Oreo+Hotel

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Oreo

I stayed there last September, also with Exodus, and it's OK - rooms are small, but like the first poster said you don't spend much time there anyway. The laundry service is good, and quick, and the hotel put our group a very nice meal on the last night.

It's very near the new mosque, which means a very loud call to prayer at 5am, which usually sets the locals dogs off too!

Only a mountain goat would call the hill to get to it "gentle", but's short so not a problem.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Oreo

Haha Chippy,

I live a stones throw from the Oreo and I agree that the last bit of hill from the main road is very steep. I get out of breath just looking at it! I figure though that most people that stay there are on activity holidays so are a fit bunch anyway.

A friend stayed there a few years ago and I must agree that the room I saw was small but adequate. The garden area around the pool is very pretty.

For the town, the location is great.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Oreo

LOL

Compared with where I have to walk to, that slope IS gentle !!

:-)

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Oreo

Adana

I couldn,t manage the walk up to yours nowadays. I,d have to get a dolmuş, to the Antalya road and walk down LOL.

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Oreo

Hey Aslansmum

Perhaps we should petition the Mayor for a cable car or something! Except that Mrs Kebab says I need the exercise - too much tasty Turkish food! LOL

See you next month, send me an email or PM if you need anything bringing over.

Edited: 24 February 2010, 04:22
Doncaster
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Oreo

Stayed there with Ramblers Hols last September . Most of group had decent sized rooms at front with lovely views and the sunshine. Rooms at back are very small. Balconies but rather too close to the hotel opposite. Was not familiar with Turkish hotels - this one seemed basic but the breakfast was excellent and the staff very obliging. The swimming pool is great. The location is very handy for the market and some small shops. As you will be with an organised group you should find this OK. Just try to get lucky with your room location! And take a sink plug - they cannot be bought there.

Doncaster
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Oreo

Stayed there with Ramblers Hols last September . Most of group had decent sized rooms at front with lovely views and the sunshine. Rooms at back are very small. Balconies but rather too close to the hotel opposite. Was not familiar with Turkish hotels - this one seemed basic but the breakfast was excellent and the staff very obliging. The swimming pool is great. The location is very handy for the market and some small shops. As you will be with an organised group you should find this OK. Just try to get lucky with your room location! And take a sink plug - they cannot be bought there.

Gloucester, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Oreo

Thanks that's really helpful, especially the plug tip! Quite reassured now and looking forward to it.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Oreo

HI Thinking of booking the same holiday with Exodus, The Turquoise Coast trip, anyone been on that one...? I've never travelled with Exodus what are they like?

Thanks

D

Get answers to your questions about Kas
Recent Conversations