We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

Hello, myself & my husband are going to book a holiday in Kas in July. It appears that there are no beaches, it is all rock with ladders into sea. Is this correct? Can anyone recommend an inexpensive hotel on the beach? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

For information regarding beaches in and near Kas take a look here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297965-i4654-k2…

and this map shows their locations:

maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

As Kas is such a small town most of the hotels are very close to a beach or at least one of the platforms. There are many smaller hotels and pansions to choose from, one that regularly gets recommended is the Hideaway Hotel, I have not stayed there but it does get good reviews. It is within 5 minutes of Elit Beach (attached to the Kas Otel which is another hotel that you could consider).

Edited: 02 July 2010, 01:21
Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Hideaway Hotel
Hideaway Hotel
646 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
20 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

It depends on what you call a beach. If you mean a good sandy beach with a smooth surface - NO, there are no beaches of this kind in Kas. The nearest one is in Patara. To get there you need to take a dolmus. It will take you about an hour to get to the beach. For this small effort (the road to Kalkan is a masterpiece in itself, but beware if you don't stand the mountain serpantine ride) you will get the longest beach in Turkey (at least the guides say so). I heard it is a Blue Flag beach (though I did not see any flags or Blue Flag notice boards there), and there is plenty of information and photos of the beach in the Internet. All the beach facilities (cafe, changing rooms and showers are for free, a chaise-longues will cost you 4 liras and an umbrellas - 3 liras).

The nearer beach is Kaputas - it is between Kalkan and Kas. It is on the same masterpiece road closer to Kalkan. About 30 minutes by dolmus. It has small, almost sand-like pebble and a smooth bottom. And the wonderful turquoise water (you have to find photos in the Internet - there are plenty... Actually each second travel agent has a photo of this beach in its brochures). There are no cafes, changing cubicles, showers or umbrellas.

Even nearer are:

Kucuk Cakil (Small Pebble): It is in the town of Kas. No need to ride anywhere. There is a small smooth access to water. Very small pebbly access. And some platforms with ladders. I think there are all the necessary beach facilities, but I did not check.

Buyuk Cakil (Big Pebbe): It is at some distance from Kas. There is a dolmus doing to the beach (according to the timetable it is once in an hour). The walking distance is long and a little bit tiring, as the road wanders up and down the steep hills. No platforms or ladders there. Just pebble. There are some places to take a shower, change clothes and have a snack.

Limanagzi: You will not be able to walk there. Nor will you be able to ride there. There are only small boats from the Kas Marina that take you to the beach each half hour (and take you back - until 18:00, as I remember, buut maybe I am wrong). The ride to the besch and back will cost you 10 liras. It is really worth seeing. Actually there are several beaches in the area. I stayed in the farthermost Bilal's beach, which offers you free-of-charge chaise-longues and umbrellas (people say that these are paid for in other beaches).

Incebogas: It is the narrowest part of the Peninsula. nly a quick ride on the dolmus wuk take you there from town or any place of the Peninsula. No platforms or ladders. There is a small cafe. The shower is 1 lira (surprise). the toilets are free or charge. The umbrellas and chaise-longues... well, I did not see any indications of the prices, so I took one, and no one said a word to me. Anyway, you'd bette check it. And - the opposite side of the road has a beach of its own - a narrower one, a cleaner one, a steeper one, and absolutely free. There is nothing on it, but it is a 2 minutes' "clawling" distance from Incebogas. Just cross the road.

Akcagerme: It is often neglected by reviewers. Not too many people get there. Nevertheless, it is a good beach mostly used by the locals. There are several water slides for the kids and all other beach facilities. Besides, there is a floating platform starting from the beach, and another one in the sea. The chaise-longues and the umbrellas must be paid for (not more than 10 liras for both)

(Sorry for the misspelling - I wrote it "as is" and did not check it).

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Patara
Patara
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Small Pebble Beach
Small Pebble Beach
229 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Akcagerme Beach
Akcagerme Beach
194 Reviews
Kas, Turkey
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

Kas Kamping is a 10 or 15 minute walk from Kas town center and beyond the antique amphitheater (which is worth seeing if you have not). Kas Kamping has a small bar and cafe and free umbrellas and lounges. Nice swimming area, wonderful view of Meis and Limanağzı and relatively quiet place to spend a hot afternoon. Classical rock beaches but good diving or "belly flopping" platforms.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Merseyside
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

Just returned 2 days ago from 2 weeks in Kas, was disappointed myself that the beaches were all pebbles. There is a beautiful sandy beach at Patara which takes 50 minutes to get to on the dolmus. We travelled to all the beaches at Kas and there isnt a sandy one, so therefore no "beach hotels" as all the beaches are off the beaten track. We stayed at a boutique hotel which took you to the nearest beach each morning - I couldnt recommend the hotel highly enough it was only 5 minutes from the centre, but in a quiet location and had the most stunning roof top bar which overlooked the bay. The Hideaway - it was the cleanest hotel Ive stayed in all my years of travelling. Tell Mehmet and Marie that Sandra and Sarah recommended you if you book. Enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Patara
Patara
Antalya Province, Turkey
West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

Personally I prefer pebbles or shingle as I can't stand sand getting everywhere.

I'm sure that the stoney shoreline of the Kas area is one of the reasons that the sea is generally so clear and so good for snorkelling and diving.

Kas certainly isn't the place for people who want to fall out of the hotel and onto a sandy beach but plenty of hotels have platforms within a few minutes walk with good swimming. The short journey to those pebbly beaches that are a little further away give you a chance to look at other areas of this lovely little town and, in particular, the short boat trip across the bay to the beaches at Limanağzı is worth it for the journey itself.

Edited: 24 July 2010, 01:49
Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
6. Re: Are there beaches in Kas & do you know a beach hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 13:16