We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Kas a

Nottingham, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Is Kas a

Hi, we have just enjoyed a fabulous holiday in Dalayan, Turkey myself and 12 members of my family, mum, dad, husband, brothers, nephews and nieces. We would love to go back to Turkey and prefer the quieter resorts (not Marmaris!!) Kas looks absolutely stunning but my only concern is that it maybe too hilly for the older members of the party, is this the case? We hired a villa for our last holiday and would be looking to do this again but some of them seem quite high up overlooking the bay.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Kas a

Most but not all of the villas for rent in Kas are on the peninsula & the nearer to the sea the villa is then the steeper the incline to the main road where you get the dolmus into town. However there are some villas to rent that are on the same level as the road or just above the road. Depending on the age and mobility of the older people (you did not give any ages) this could be a problem. There are a few villas for rent in Cercila & Gokseki near Kas but these can be reached by dolmush with a gentle walk down to them. Kas town center itself is quite flat & has a few hills as you leave the centre but these are not to steep and if taken at a gentle pace are quite easy. Kas is a lovely welcoming town so if you want to come here check out the position of the villas for rent & I'm sure you will be able to find one that is just to your liking & will not give much problems to the older members of your party.

Edited: 25 July 2010, 01:50
Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
New Orleans
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Kas a

Before you rent a villa, check out the Hadrian. Small enough for a group to feel it's their own villa, and yet it has the advantages/services of a hotel. You'll need a car. Kas is easily walkable, and not hilly in the main part of town. We checked out Kalkan (as we'd wanted to stay at Villa Majal, but it was closed in April) and did not think it compared in charm and interest to Kas.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kalkan
Kalkan
Antalya Province, Turkey
3. Re: Is Kas a

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2012, 20:11
Merseyside
Level Contributor
29 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Kas a

We found that the villas and apartments are quite a way out of Kas itself. We stayed at the Hideway which was only a 5 minute walk into the centre and it wasnt too hilly to walk down. Its also in a quiet location which was a bonus. Personally, we would recommend the Hideway to anyone, and would never stay in a large hotel again after our experience in it.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Sheffield
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Kas a

All the main action in Kas happens in the centre which - apart from "bond street" (a very steep hill flanqued by Kas' most expensive shops) is fairly flat. You do however have to be careful when choosing accomodation. The price that you might pay for staying in an apartment or villa with a fabulous view or shared pool is a very long and steep treck out of town! There are however hotels, pansions and apartments in and around the centre of Kas. Hideaway is a lovely hotel..and I've heard lovely things about White House pansion and Kale hotel which has it's own terraced beach bar; all of which are a few minute by foot from the harbour and main square. I also know of apartments that are very central. PM me if you want more info

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Kas a

littlebonjuk,

This is the first time I hear of "bond street"?? Where did that come from? :-)

The only place I know that sounds like what you describe is "Uzun Çarşı" or Long Market or (less flattering) "slippery sokak" because of the stones on the street and, which has the Lycian tomb at the top? I believe it is one of the attractions of Kaş whether looking for something nice to wear, to take home as a gift, or just "window shopping."

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Kas a

I think Littlebonjuk means Uzun Çarşı but those of us that live here refer to Bond Street as the street that runs from the statue to the post office - the one that has Moon River Bar in it.

Now that street is expensive, especially the leather and shoe shops!

The name Bond Street comes from an expensive shopping street in London.

Edited: 01 August 2010, 13:34
Mentioned in this post
Bond Street
Bond Street
501 Reviews
London, UK
London
London
England, UK
Sheffield
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Kas a

Ahhhhh! There's me thinking Bond Street was the steep one! Although even if it's not called Bond Street I'd argue the slippery steep road is the one with Kas' most expensive shops....I have the credit card bills to proove it!

Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Kas a

Littlebonjuk,

Perhaps next time try bargaining? :-)

Turkish people never expect to pay the asked price for something unless they are in a fancy shopping mall. Always ask for a discount (indirim var mı?) or offer a lower price. If their price is firm, you will soon know it, if they argue about their costs, their shop overhead, their children's school, etc. you MAY have a discount in order. In any case, I hope your shopping was fun and that you now enjoy what you purchased.

10. Re: Is Kas a

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 13:17