We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

London
Level Contributor
8,919 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

Couple days ago, after thinking about time I returned to Kas, booked my holiday for next May - a Thomas Cook package. Today a friend of mine tried to book exactly same package and price had increased whopping £98 per person after couple days.

I'm not complaining because got good price but just proves you have to be lucky and book the correct time.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
windsor
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

You were lucky then! Tried to do the same and it seems that all Thos Cook holidays to Kas are now handled by Manos who offer only The Phellos & Aqua Princess at much higher costs (+40%). Is anyone else finding this?

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kas, Turkey
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

My daughter booked a flight last year with Thomas Cook, they brought her from Brussels to Dalaman after midnight and since she was not part of a tour, they would not arrange transportation to anywhere from Dalaman. We were quite upset that they would not arrange this for her. They said to take the Havaş bus but Havaş only coordinates with Turkish Airlines. We drove to Dalaman and picked her up.

Not sure what package you booked, did you compare prices with Exodus?

http://www.exodus.co.uk/

You may not be looking for an Exodus "walking, cycling, winter activities, photographic and wildlife holidays" then again, you might.

Exodus brings a lot of adventure travelers to Kaş and they usually stay in Oreo Hotel but sometimes in Arpia Hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,546 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

Thomas Cook is simply said very cheeky; they use the fact that others got bust to put their prices up!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,238 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

Thos Cook are seriously bad..they take your money and then they ignore you if you have any compaints.

I can see they they are going to get much worse, as so many small companies going to the wall. Sigh

London
Level Contributor
8,919 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

Yes, lynnewindsor the holiday is through Manos, which is part of Thomas Cook, and the Aqua Princess was the only hotel featured unless Phellos was booked for that period.

The other company I have seen to feature Kas is Jewel in the Crown, they use a different hotel but at time of booking was much more expensive than Thomas Cook. To be fair last time I stayed at Aqua Princess with Thomas Cook three years ago and price doesnt seem much different.

Mentioned in this post
Kas
Kas
Antalya Province, Turkey
6. Re: Crazy fluctuating holiday prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 13:16