We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach - valuables

Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach - valuables

First "beach holiday" so no idea how to sit around doing nothing :)

I'd have no worries leaving a couple of towels and some sandals on the beach while I take a dip in the sea but having to carry passports and visas at all times means either one of us would have to be with them at all times or we break the local laws?

I'm thinking about getting a nylon wallet so I can still have a little cash on me without worrying about my leather one getting wet

Bit of a quandary.

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
520 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach - valuables

Hi I bought these off amazon https:/… Great for keeping everything dry

Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach - valuables

Thanks. Foolishly I went to millets before reading your reply and bought something proclaiming "waterproof" on the front of the packaging, and "do not submerge" on the back (which I noticed when I got to the car)

1 day delivery from Amazon so ordered, thanks

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach - valuables

You do not need to carry passports or visas on you when in a tourist area. Just when you go out away from all of the hotels this will be required I believe. I have been to Turkey many times and have never been asked to show either.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,540 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach - valuables

Matt sorry but that advice is not accurate. Certainly if you are at a hotel that has a stretch of beach then yes you could go back to your room to get them.

Please read the many posts on this and other forums over the past 2 years about this.

Here's the UK government advice on this as well:

Turkish authorities are stopping members of the public to conduct ID checks. There’s also a larger than usual number of police checkpoints on main roads across Turkey. You should co-operate with officials conducting checks, and keep your passport and a printed copy of your e-visa or your residence permit with you at all times.

https:/…turkey

Worth signing up for the email alerts so you know of any changes.

There are many instances of security forces coming into bars, restaurants etc. Being a tourist is no get out here as terrorists are known to masquerade as holiday makers.

Reply to: Beach - valuables
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Side
Recent Conversations