We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday booking

6 posts
Save Topic
Holiday booking

Booked my holiday with budget travel Dublin received my tickets. But didn't get no insurance papers. Tried ringing today no answer any advice on that. Have I just automatically insurance or do I need to get it here before I go ?

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
6 replies to this topic
East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
6,641 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday booking

Did you buy insurance with your booking?

If not you will need to buy a stand alone insurance policy and i would suggest you buy it now rather than wait. Also i assume you are aware that you have to buy a Visa for Turkey before you travel for each person travelling which costs $20 per person .

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday booking

As the first post says, you don’t automatically get insurance when you buy a package holiday. You have to ask and pay for it either with the travel company, (although this is often the most expensive) or through an insurance company. Have a look at a comparison site to find a good price. You can either just get that trip covered, or get a years cover if you are planning to go away a number of times.

Do it ASAP as your holiday will then be covered should you have to cancel due to ill health etc.

And do use the link in the post above for your visa, it is the only official website. There are many other scam ones out there so beware.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
650 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday booking

Em131313, so true my brother-in-law and his wife were due to holiday with us 6 years ago but due to illness were unable to go just a week before departure. she had intended to buy the insurance at tesco just before. lost over £1000. leaving

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday booking

Absolutely kusadasikid,

It happened to us when my daughter couldn’t fly when she broke her arm badly just a few days before our holiday. Luckily we were insured and were paid out for the whole holiday, enabling us to rebook once her arm was mended.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday booking

Yes, Charlie, as posters 1, 2 & 3 said, insurance isn't an automatic inclusion in a holiday booking and its essential you make sure you get a policy. Use one of the comparison sites and make sure you declare any, or all, medical conditions for all travellers.

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday booking

Thanks for the reply. I booked insurance with my holiday but just didn't receive anything about insurance with my tickets??

Reply to: Holiday booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted