We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

I wanted to let everyone know about an airport transfer I organised through www.yourlocalbooking.com. I had never heard of them and decided I would risk the internet booking. I was pleasantly surprised when my two way transfer to/from Hoi An went without a hitch. A nice car, driver and a VIP visit from the rep when I got to the hotel who wanted to know if I needed any help or info while I was staying in Hoi An. I paid $US16.00 each way. A bit more than a cab and a lot less than a hotel transfer. Gives you piece of mind, especially if you are flying in late and don't want the taxi haggling hassles. Apparently they can organise all sorts of things while you are staying in Hoi An and, as the rep kept telling me, it is a free service. The web site needs refining and that made me think they were a bit dodgy, but as it turned out, they were reputable, extremely pleasant and really wanting to please their clients.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

My Wife and I also used your local booking.com and we had no problems at all. The driver was waiting at Da Nang Airport with our name on a board even though the flight was delayed over 1 hour. Delays with flights and even cancellations are not uncommon with Vietnam Airlines.This was our 4th visit to Vietnam so I feelI am able to justify my comments.We were met at the Hotel by Phong the rep for your local booking.com and were asked if we had any special requirements.The pick up at the resort was on time and both times the drivers and cars were of a very good standard Just beware of the TAXI SCAMS that still exist at Da Nang Airport.

John D Melbourne Australia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

I've just booked with yourlocalbooking.com also and even though I haven't actually used the service yet I can tell you they have been brilliant.

I stupidly booked the wrong date but realise the following day that wrong month had been booked. I emailed the support and telephoned them to see if they can amend. Phong (the rep) was so efficient in changing my booking to the correct month and sent me an email to confirm changes. That afternoon, I realised that not only did I book the wrong month, the date was wrong as well!!! Again, I emailed Phong and she promptly responded to confirm changes.

I'm booking the rest of my transfers with them!

3. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2011, 17:05
Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

Ye gods, it never ends...

London, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
43 reviews
5. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

CAGV - your responses always make me laugh! But agree, it does look suspect.

However, the rep has been good for my bookings...I guess proof is in the pudding when they deliver what I book in 3 weeks!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,944 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

E-traveller, fingers crossed the pudding proves to be worth eating!

That company has a long history of trying to tout on this forum by one means or another, so it will be interesting to see whether you are solicited to post a review, or whether any feedback you give directly to the company is copied and pasted on TA. :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
43 reviews
7. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

Ah! that's interesting!! Didn't know that but as you can see I'm new (since July) to TA so v inexperienced on these things.

London, United...
Level Contributor
469 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

CAGV - this article is quite interesting, wonder if TA will use it if/when it has been fully tested??

travelweekly.com/Travel-News/…

9. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2012, 15:36
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
26 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: My experience with transfers from www.yourlocalbooking.com

Not sure who your soliciting comments are referring to...so letting you know that I was not solicited or pressured into writing about my experiences with this company. I simply had a good experience and was wanting to let others know about the service and would recommend them.