We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phan thiet airport

Sydney
Level Contributor
138 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
phan thiet airport

have been told that there is no airport in Phan Thiet but when i look on the net they tell me that there is a new airport there, is this true? we want to get from Hoi Ann to Phan Thiet and would rather not have a 12 hour train ride.

Mentioned in this post
Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet
Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: phan thiet airport

No, just take a good day bus so as you can do sightseeing en route, it's nice over there.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,578 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: phan thiet airport

Yes no airport there.The airport they are talking about is at Cam Rhanh,its 40kms from Nha Trang.Would take you 4hrs in a private car to Mu ine/Phan Thiet.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
442 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: phan thiet airport

There is no airport in Phan Thiet, ...and no train station in Hoian.

Phan Thiet ( Mui Ne ) is only 04 - hour drive from Saigon. So i think you should change your itinerary like : Flight from Danang to Saigon, tours in Saigon, then drive from Saigon to Phan Thiet - Mui Ne.

Mentioned in this post
Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet
Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: phan thiet airport

We took the train from HCM - relaxing. A bit like flying but with a view :-)

California
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: phan thiet airport

HI Veejay,

Can you tell me how long is the train ride from HCMC to Mui Ne / Phan Thiet? How much does it cost? What is the name of the train and can you book a private berth on the train? Sorry for so many questions.

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
Mui Ne
Mui Ne
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
6. Re: phan thiet airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 11:19