We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

san francisco
Level Contributor
107 posts
Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

Hi,

We are going to spend 2 days 1 nite in Phan Thiet after some days in Nha Trang. What is the most popular and cost-effective means of transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet? Train? Bus? Coach? What is the rate? How can I buy tickets?

Thank you very much in advance.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
442 posts
1. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

Phan Thiet is only 4.5 hours drive from Nha Trang. Single bus ticket by Sinh Cafe is about US$ 10. You can choose either 7:30 Am Bus or 8 Pm one.

Tickets can be purchased when you are in Nha Trang. Here is the office address of Sinh Cafe

NHA TRANG - NHI PHI

2A Biet Thu St - Tel: (058) 3 522982 - 3 823183 Email: sinhnhatrang@sinhcafevn.com

California
Level Contributor
710 posts
43 reviews
2. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

Hello, You can buy tickets for the bus at any of the numerous tour/travel agencies in Nha Trang. I would suggest you take the morning bus so you arrive around noon or so. Personally, I think traveling between cities at night in Vietnam is scary. The traffic police close down their check points and speed traps about five at night and all the unlicensed buses and trucks hit the road going as fast and as far as they can before daylight. Once you get to Phan Thiet you need to make arrangements (like taxi or motor) to get out to Mui Ne as there is not a lot in Phan Thiet as compared to Mui Ne. Much easier to find a hotel at noon as compared to midnight. I went from Mui Ne to Nha Trang on the back of a motor. Took about six hours or so with stops along the way. Lots of fun, but maybe not for everyone. Hope this is helpful.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

Scott78,

Buianhphuoc is true, The best option is by Open tour bus. You can choose the sleeping bus or with seat.

Cheers,

David

4. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2009, 22:25
vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
6,878 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

Yes bus will be your best/cheapest way.Any small travel shop will sell you a ticket in Nha Trang from $6-$10.

However is it Phan Thiet or Mu ine you want to go to??

Lots of people get mixed up between the 2.Mu ine is the small beach/holiday town 20km from Phan Thiet which is the city,not a lot to do there(there is a golf course)

travelling from Nha Trang you go through Mu ine and the bus will stop at your hotel.Or it will drop you in Phan Thiet at their office.

san francisco
Level Contributor
107 posts
6. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies.

As you said, I'm mixed between Phan Thiet and Mui Ne. Actually I plan to visit Mui Ne in Phan Thiet. So the buses only stop at Phan Thiet city? What about Mui Ne? Do we have to take a taxi to go to Mui Ne?

Thanks.

7. Re: Transportation from Nha Trang to Phan Thiet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 10:18