We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqaba-Taba Ferry

3 posts
Save Topic
Aqaba-Taba Ferry

Hi. I’ve looked through the forum and can’t find a direct answer to these questions:

1. Can anyone give some detailed info on the AB Maritime fast “touristic” ferry from Aqaba to Taba, Egypt?

2. Specifically, does anyone know if prices on their website ($90) reflect a one way or round trip ticket?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
Al Aqabah Governorate, Jordan
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
5 replies to this topic
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqaba-Taba Ferry

Sorry, that's one way! Also it must be paid in USD or another 'hard" currency. The rules of this ferry are very constricting and it is really only suitable for group travel.

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqaba-Taba Ferry

Thanks for your reply! But wow that gets quite costly for a round trip! If I want to go from Aqaba to Taba (with a return to Aqaba after 4 days) it seems going through Israel using taxis/buses is the way to go. Even having to pay exit fees in Jordan and Israel would be cheaper than the ferry...

Anyone with experience going from Aqaba to Taba and the costs incurred?

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Israel
Israel
Middle East
Jordan
Jordan
Middle East
Wadi Rum, Jordan
Level Contributor
529 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqaba-Taba Ferry

Hello David,

Did this route a couple of times myself. The 90 $ is the price for a round trip. Currently, the timetable is 10 AM departure Aqaba 11 AM arrival in Taba on Tuesday Thursday and Friday, and 1.30 PM departure Taba and 2.30 PM arrival in Aqaba on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

When booking your ticket, make sure they inform you from which jetty you depart and to which jetty you return as they use a jetty in Aqaba city and a jetty in Tala Bay.

Wishing you a great time,

Bianca Abma

Wadi Rum Nomads

Mentioned in this post
Aqaba
Aqaba
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqaba-Taba Ferry

Sorry for,misinformation.

But even so, if you are already at Taba you will find the land route much faster and probably cheaper.

Mentioned in this post
Taba
Taba
Red Sea and Sinai, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aqaba-Taba Ferry

Thanks for the info! I was hoping that was the case!

Reply to: Aqaba-Taba Ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted