We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Hokkaido in September

3 posts
Save Topic
2 weeks in Hokkaido in September

Hi,

My girlfriend and I have previously spent 4 weeks in Japan and visited lots of Honshu and Okinawa (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kinosake Onsen, Himeji, Takayama, Kanazawa, Ishihaki, Miyakojima etc.) and will visit Hokkaido in September.

After 3 days in Beijing, we arrive in Chitose Airport at 12:50 on 3.9.18

We leave from Haneda at 08:30 on 19.9.18

We were thinking 13/3 or 14/2 nights in Hokkaido/Tokyo

We'd like to visit Sapporo after 9.9 while the food festival is on and apart from that we'd like to explore the beauty of Hokkaido and enjoy amazing food.

My initial idea is that we would hire a car from Chitose and spend 8 days or so visiting the likes of Daisetsuzan and Akan National Parks before returning to Sapporo, spending a few nights there then flying to Wakkanai to spend a couple of nights visiting Rebun/Rishiri and fly from Wakkanai to Tokyo.

Sound feasible?

Any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 reply
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in Hokkaido in September

>>My initial idea is that we would hire a car from Chitose and spend 8 days or so visiting the likes of Daisetsuzan and Akan National Parks before returning to Sapporo

That's fine. Note that koyo (fall foliage) usually reaches peak in Daisetsuzan/Asahidake around mid-Sept @1600m+. If interested, plan your drive accordingly.

http://asahidake.hokkaido.jp/en/

you may refer to one of my drives to Hokkaido East in early Oct 2009.

japantravelinsights.com/2009-hokkaido-part-1/

Edited: 07 June 2018, 14:26
Reply to: 2 weeks in Hokkaido in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted