We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1day trip for cherry blossom+morning market

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
1day trip for cherry blossom+morning market

Hi all,

I'm going to hakodate from tokyo on May 10, 2017. Arrive at the earliest JR train about 11am. My plan is going to gyorkaku castle for cherry blossom n hakodate mountain at night.

The next morning I want to visit the morning market n will catch the JR train to Kyoto around 10am.

Is it too rushed? If I want to extend 2 nights, any other recomended destination to visit?

Also is it worthed to buy green class JR pass for such long trips like this?

Thank youu

Mentioned in this post
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1day trip for cherry blossom+morning market

From which place are you going to Hakodate? From Tokyo?

I know that Indonesia is five times larger than Japan, but still Tokyo-Shin-Hakodate is such a distance that takes more than 4 hours by high-speed train from Tokyo (823km). Going from Hakodate to Tokyo by high-speed train requires some 7-8 hours at least.

Although the usual normal class on the Shinkansen is good enough, you need to consider a bit whether the above is the travel style you'd want to take. If I were you, I'd spend two nights in Hakodate and visit Onuma Park area, then head down southwards into Tohoku Region visiting places like Kakunodate, Yamadera, Matsushima.

It would be better if you have can allow an earlier time to travel for cherry blossom.

Edited: 17 December 2016, 13:13
Mentioned in this post
Tokyo
Tokyo
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Hakodate
Hakodate
Hokkaido, Japan
Tohoku
Tohoku
Japan
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1day trip for cherry blossom+morning market

Arrive at the earliest JR train about 11am. My plan is going to gyorkaku castle for cherry blossom n hakodate mountain at night.

==> Doable. U can even go grab lunch at the morning market; before U go take the Tram to Goryokaku. And In the evening, go hakodate mountain.

And next day before U go Kyoto, can go Morning Market again to walk the whole area. Grabbed Lunch & snack before taking ur JR Train to Kyoto But I will suggest U fly to Kyoto / Osaka from Hakodate instead. Kansai International Airport (KIX) or Osaka International Airport (ITM = Itami airport). Itami airport is a domestic airport nearer to Osaka City Central.

If U are going to fly & flying into Itami, U have direct Limousine bus direct to Kyoto.

Save U lots of time for lots of sightseeing & yummy food :D

Limousine bus schedule : www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/index.html

Edited: 17 December 2016, 16:18
Mentioned in this post
Goryokaku Park
Goryokaku Park
1,130 Reviews
Hakodate, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Hakodate Morning Market
Hakodate Morning Market
759 Reviews
Hakodate, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Hakodate
Hakodate
Hokkaido, Japan
Itami Airport
Itami Airport
Toyonaka, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6,261 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1day trip for cherry blossom+morning market

Though your itin in Hakodate look fine, it'd be better to fly direct to Kansai Itami airport (from Hakodate) and transfer to Kyoto as mentioned. It'd be much faster and might even be cheaper. check out domestic airlines such as AirDo, ANA for deals.

if possible, better arrive at Hakodate earlier for peak sakura as mentioned.

Mentioned in this post
Itami Airport
Itami Airport
Toyonaka, Japan
Hakodate
Hakodate
Hokkaido, Japan
Kyoto
Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
4. Re: 1day trip for cherry blossom+morning market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2017, 13:17