We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

Which Tokyo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

We are a family of 4 Adults arriving Tokyo via Haneda Airport on Dec 6, 2010.

I have picked Haneda in lieu of Narita because apparently Haneda is much closer to the Tokyo Metropolitan area.

Our flight arrives at 10.30 at night ( very late ).

I understand that the New International section of Haneda Airport will only start to operate from tomorrow, 21 October 2010.

Is there a Limousine Bus or Train Express like Narita Airport?

Can you kindly please advise how do we get to our Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku?

Your help is much appreciated!

Tokyo
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

I suggest you take the limo bus to Shinjuku Station West Exit and walk to your hotel for 5 minutes. There are frequent departures from the international terminal after you fly in. It costs 1,200 yen each way, but the late night charge of 2,000 yen applies to the last two services (0:00/midnight, and 0:40).

Timetable: limousinebus.co.jp/en/…214

Look at the tables of "After revision".

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,794 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

I agree with the limobus to West Exit suggestion. The walk from the point of disembarkation to the hotel is very straight forward. Just head south, cross the main street in front of you, head down the smaller street where you will see a McDonald's to the right, and the hotel is right there. The total distance is indeed no more than 5 minutes.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

Optimistk: I have checked the limousinebus.co.jp - - I cannot seem to find the tables of " After revision"?

If we miss the limo bus for some reason (i.e. immigration delay), how much do you think a Taxi will cost for 4 Adults from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku?.

Thank you very much in anticipation......

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,560 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

You are correct. There are no revisions to the schedule. The limo bus schedule from Narita has "After revision". Cab fare should be around 10,000 yen.

You could also take the Keikyu Airport Line train to Shinagawa and transfer to the Yamanote Line to Shinjuku.

Tokyo
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

The remark 'after revision' has disappeared because the revision was put into effect just yesterday. It was in relation to the inauguration of the new international terminal at HND yesterday. Look at the current timetable.

A taxi company Anzen gives the fixed rate of 6,000 yen for a ride from HND to Shinjuku. Also you need to pay a toll. A late night surcharge (maybe 30%) will apply in your case. Other taxis cost around 10,000 yen including the late night surcharge.

The last Keikyu line train leaves HND at midnight, and the Yamanote line train late at night can be busy (with drunk salary men) so I don't recommend the train option.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that I have found this company online, the name is Tokyo Airporter. Their rates are much cheaper than Anzen Taxis.

I am booked to be picked up at Haneda Airport on the 06/12/10 after my flight arrival of 22.30.

Cost is a Fixed Rate of JPY 8,400 for a 7 Seater Van (includes all tolls, parking etc).

www.tokyoairporter.com

The driver will wait for us at the arrival exit and will drive us up to our Hotel Sunroute Plaza in Shinjuku.

Thank you for your ideas - much appreciated!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

Sorry, just to clarify - the JPY 8,400 is the full price of our Airport Transfer ( 4 Adults).

This fixed price JPY 8,400 is for a maximum of 7 passengers...

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

How did you find the Tokyoairporter service?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

How did you find the Tokyoairporter service?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Haneda Airport to Shinjuku ?

Hello.

I found the driver to be very professional.

Our flight was delayed and yet he waited at the Arrival area with our names displayed on a sign board.

He was well dressed, very polite and very presentable.

The van is very new - - overall we are very happy with the service.

Good luck!