We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trying to choose a resort for January

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
18 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
trying to choose a resort for January

Hello!

We are planning a winter trip to Okinawa and right now I am wavering between Nikko Alivila and the Intercontinental Manza. We'll be in Okinawa for a couple of weeks but we just want one night of resort-type luxury with a nice view, nice food, and a nice pool. The Intercontinental only has outdoor pools but when I emailed them they reassured me the pools were heated. Nikko Alivila's outdoor pools seem to be seasonal only and they charge an extra fee for the heated indoor pool. Would the weather in January be warm enough to enjoy an outdoor heated pool? Or should we book the Nikko Alivila if we really want to have a swim?

Mentioned in this post
Okinawa City
Okinawa City
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Nikko
Nikko
Tochigi Prefecture, Japan
Manza Beach
Manza Beach
238 Reviews
Onna-son, Japan
Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
292 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trying to choose a resort for January

I personally would want the indoor heated pool in January.

Today in Okinawa it's been around 20 degrees all day with light rain showers and a mild breeze, I wouldn't want to be in an outdoor pool today and January should be a little cooler.

Just my take on it....

Mentioned in this post
Okinawa City
Okinawa City
Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
2. Re: trying to choose a resort for January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Okinawa Prefecture
;