We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gala Aoiumi theme park?

Taiwan
Level Contributor
124 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Gala Aoiumi theme park?

Hi. Has anyone been to the Gala Aoiumi theme park (for Okinawa sea salt) in Yomitan?

Is it worth visiting? And is the restaurant on premise decent, or should I plan on having a meal elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers,

Alex

Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
206 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gala Aoiumi theme park?

Just went today and I wrote up a review but it's not up yet, here's what I wrote:

Good location and ocean view, a standard souvenir shop that features a variety of salt, Ice cream shop that's pretty good, Ryukru galss shop where you can make your own glass for prices from 2500 yen to 3300 yen plus extras if you want, they also had some unique glassware and glass art which we bought a couple pieces, a small pottery shop where you can make your own small pottery, a surf type shop where you can rent things to go snorkeling and of course the make your own salt shop.

The pizza place is inexpensive and all you can eat but not anything fantastic, we didn't try the other restaurant but I wasn't impressed with limited menu but it might be good.

If you bring food it'd be a great place to eat looking out on the beach and ocean.

I'd say this place is a good stop on your way to or from somewhere but not really a place I'd aim for. The salt making takes 30 minutes, glass making 45 minutes, I forget the pottery making time. If you don't do any of those activities you'd probably see everything in 45 minutes.

Visited November 2016

Taiwan
Level Contributor
124 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gala Aoiumi theme park?

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the detailed and informative review! Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

3. Re: Gala Aoiumi theme park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Okinawa