We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hi All,

I am traveling to Okinawa with my family (Parents, wife and 1 Kid) during the New year (28th Dec to 2nd Jan). 2 nights we want to spend outside Naha and we will be using rental car.

As that is a peak time for travel the price for all the 5 star resorts have gone off the roof and we were looking for something less then $300USD per room per night.

What came up was:

Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resorts Okinawa

or

Rizzan Sea Park Hotel Tancha Bay

I am very conflicted because both hotels are listed as 3.5 Stars but I don't know which is better for my family. They both have some very good and bad reviews on TA.

We are looking for Relaxing time near the beach and a good Onsen.

From What I gather these are the advantages of each resort:

Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resorts Okinawa

- Big Room 40 sqm (But quite a few people complained aged)

- As I know the onsen is free

- 5 mins walk to the beach and also to the Aquarium

- Free parking

Rizzan Sea Park Hotel Tancha Bay

- 30 sim room (mountain view)

- I heard must pay for Onsen??

- Right at the beach and breakfast included free

- must pay for parking 500jpy

- Indoor pool but I heard everything have to pay.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these 2 hotels? We would really like to make a better decision before we get there.

Thanks in Advance.

Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
196 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hiya,

From personal experience with the Mahaina & Rizzan hotels,

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g11…

and https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g11…

I would pick the Mahaina Resort, it just seems like a nicer and more relaxing spot, very close to the aquarium and the restaurants had very good food.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hi. I just stayed at the Rizzan Sea Park Hotel last week and loved it. We had a very spacious corner room, ocean front. The hotel is right on the beach. The pool was free for hotel guests but there was a charge for towel rental. For breakfast, there is a choice of a Japanese Buffet or a Western/Japanese Buffet. The Japanese Buffet was Okinawan cuisine and not as crowded as the other buffet. You also have the choice of exchanging your breakfast coupon for lunch.

In addition to breakfast - we received 1 day free towel, a free non-alcoholic drink per person on the first day and free tokens for the game room.

We ate in the hotel restaurants for convenience. However, there are numerous restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive.

The Aquarium was an easy drive from the hotel. Since the hotel is so centrally located, it is easy to drive back into Naha or to see the central part of the island as well.

The staff is very nice and helpful. There were also a lot of families in the hotel. Overall, I recommend this property if it appears to meet your needs. We enjoyed it!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

HI Kurt,

Thanks for your recommendation. Do u mean u have stayed in both the Rizzan and Mahaina?

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for your reply and review.. I just find it weird that u have to pay for Towels. I mean, this is not a $50 Joint if u know what I mean.

Did u use the Hot spring there? Is it free?

Thanks in advance!

Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
196 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hi,

Yes we stayed at the Rizzan maybe 3 years ago and it wasn't bad but seemed a little busy, perhaps over priced and I don't get all the extra fees either.

We stayed at the Mahaina this past summer and I just liked it better, of course my reviews are always tainted towards which spa my wife liked better also. It doesn't have a beach at the hotel but there is a big beach next to the aquarium (Emerald Beach) which is very nice.

Of course we're familiar with the area and have a car so running out to eat was also easy but the meals we had there were good and they had an all-you-can drink plan which is a plus if your down for the night or making someone else drive.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hi Kurt, Thanks again for your reply. I could not find your exact Reviews I would have liked to read them for sure!

We really want a more quiet place so we are leaning more to Mahaina now, Was the Hot Spring better in Mahania then at Rizzan? Several reviews commented that the Hot Spring in Mahaina is really small and only opens in the afternoon and evening but its free. At Rizzan it looks good from the pics I have seen but I am not sure if its free nor the opening hours.

Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
196 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hi Cyrix, I didn't write reviews for either hotel due to personal friendships with management or owners from them so you won't find any reviews, but I do have my opinion.

I just realized the Rizzan foreign language versions don't show times/prices, the link below is in Japanese but shows hours for the Rizzan Hot Spring and prices. The first price list is for Hotel guests Dec 24 thru Jan 3rd, the 2nd price list is for Hotel Guests all other dates/times after Sept 1. The last price list is for outside guests, not hotel guests.

http://www.rizzan.co.jp/relaxation/spa.html

The Rizzan has a larger hot spring.

The Rizzan massage courses are cheaper than Mahaina but not as much of a selection of massages and massage courses.

Hotel Spa tip: My wife will call ahead about towels and many times takes towels from our room and then swaps them out at the front desk on her way back.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
3 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hello. We did not use the hot springs.

And, yes there is a fee as noted in the post by Kurt 1. Agree about the towels!

The pools and the restaurants at the Rizzan were busy. However, the rest of the hotel (including the beach and our room) was quiet. And the area immediately surrounding the hotel was quiet as well. Of course, anything outside of Naha is more relaxing.

Just a side note - we chose the Rizzan for the beach front, the view, the location and the price. As a bonus, most of the staff speaks some English. We were more than satisfied.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
42 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Hi Kurt and Sylvia,

Thanks so much for your replies. Kurt, it never occurred for me to look at the Japanese Language page! But seeing all these small charges really cheapens the stay for me (Towels are 200JPY). Never have I stayed in a hotel in Japan with a Hot Spring that charges its in house guest.

We also really prefer a quiet place and if the beach is a few steps away for Lahaina then maybe its really the place to be.

Thanks to the both of you and all the best!

Chatan-cho, Japan
Level Contributor
196 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

Cyrix, Don't want to mislead you.

The Rizzan has beach a few steps away, right outside the doors.

The Mahaina is about 2km from Emerald beach next to the Churaumi Aquarium.

I think in December/January neither beach will have too many people though.

10. Re: Rizzan Sea-Park Hotel Or Hotel Mahaina Wellness Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2017, 13:15