We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Langkawi on Cruise

2 posts
Save Topic
One day in Langkawi on Cruise

Hi all,

I will be going on a Royal Caribbean cruise this June and need some advice as to what to do for one day. We will be there for about 10 hours in Langkawi.

We are looking to do Scuba Diving/Snorkelling.. Please advice!! Don't know if there is enough time for that. Also, any idea where the Royal Caribbean cruise will dock in Langkawi?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
2 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Langkawi on Cruise

Hi

There is no snorkelling or scuba diving from the beaches of Langkawi. It is a full day trip to Pulau Payar and you certainly do not have enough time for that.

Have you looked at the activities offered by the ship? If you want to do it yourself then there will be numerous taxis waiting at the dock and any of them will take you on a tour of the island.

There is only one dock for the cruise ships and that is at the Star Cruise Terminal at Awana

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,331 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Langkawi on Cruise

Dear Tanya,

I would recommend to book a taxi for some 4 hours. Should be around 150 RM in total and make a nice tour. For the afternoon I would either go for a mangrove tour or island hopping.

Eva

Reply to: One day in Langkawi on Cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted