We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andaman Langkawi

stush1
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Andaman Langkawi

Hi,

I am looking to stay at the andaman for my honeymoon in sept.

Does anybody know what sort of cost it is to use the facilities there?

Anything else nearby that you would recommend us going to??

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Congrats!

If you are planning to stay here, you do not need to pay extra to use the facilities. Pls go for the nature walk and there is waterfall near there.

stush1
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Sounds good...

So there is no charge to use the golf course, watersports, spa etc?

What sort of watersports do they have...if any??

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Hi stush, the evening/morning walks are complimentary; or you can pay for the long hike up to the mountain with one of their staff. The resort doesn't really encourage loud motorsports with engines; I think this has something to do with their "nature preservation", but I'm not sure. I have not seen any motorboats for watersports; but you can rent a kayak with them (I paid RM 40 per hour the last time).

Most of the activities at the hotels are nature-theme, but if you need help arranging other activities around the island, the concierge can do it for you. You can take a look here at the hotel's webpage:

http://www.theandaman.com/nat_walk.html

stush1
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Thanks for that information..

How about the spa's?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Ah, the spa is HEAVEN!

Book the "couples" package - they'll bring you from the lobby up Spas (depending on which is free) if you are too lazy to walk up the hill; they'll offer you some detox tea; offer you to choose from their massage oils, full body and facial massage, open-roof shower, flower bath for two: All right up there perched on the "cliff" with the most magnificent views of the sea; and they'll ship you back to the lobby in their little golf carts. And they'll be there waiting with their cars and drivers to bring you for dinner after that at the Gulai House if you want, although its only like 200m to walk. They even decorated the verandah of the Gulai house with little paper laterns and tea lights for our honeymoon :)

stush1
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Andaman Langkawi

What sort of charges are there for the spa...

Can i book the that package in advance or can i book on arrival?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Oh dear, I don't remember that exactly sorry!! It depends on which package you take and how long the sessions are? I think the couples massage, exfoliating, facial flower bath etc package was around RM1000 per couple. When you enter your room, just walk over to the dressing table and open the "black book". The prices and packages are all listed inside there. Just call the spa a day or two before you want your session.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
347 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Hi Stush1

I took the Volcanic Mud Wrap (can’t remember under which package) when I stayed there in Dec 07 and cost me RM310.00. I should think their price has increased now, perhaps another 10 to 20% (though I could be wrong given the current economic downturn, they may keep the same price range).

My last stay in Andaman was Dec 08. At that time they do offer discount on spa treatments. I didn’t book any treatment then because I was down with a cold; so didn’t bother to look at their new package and price list.

Other information given by G2k are all spot on. Perhaps you can visit their spa villas on your 1st day there. Then decide what appeals to you both before you make any booking.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,191 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Dear Stush,

the Andaman Spa is a lifetime experience but burns a hole into your pocket. The location is unbeatable overlooking the Datai Bay and the service is top in the world; if only I could afford it...

If you are looking for a great but cheaper experience, we have plenty of new places in Cenang and Tenga. Try Ishan Spa or ALun Alun.

Have a great time!

Eva

stush1
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Andaman Langkawi

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies.

I have now booked a 7 night stay at the Andaman in Sept.

Please keep your comments coming as the more information/advice I have the better...

We are going there for our honeymoon and I want to ensure that we have a fantastic time..

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi