We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Langkawi

China
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Langkawi

Hello there!

I am going tomorrow to Langkawi to relax some days on the beach

I will go alone. What can you suggest for a single guy to do not feel bored during the night at Langkawi?

Regards

Hugo

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,807 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Langkawi

HI

You may find yourself bored and alone, other than watch TV in your room, have a meal or drink in the hotel bar not much nightlife in Lanagkwi.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,371 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Hi

I travel to Langkawi alone and am never bored on an evening. I find lots to do in and around the hotel where I stay.

It will be easier for you as you are male, to visit some of the different bar/restaurants in Pantai Cenang or just take a walk around or on the beach.

Where are you staying?

Lesley

China
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Hi.

Thanks for the replies

I will stay in Pantai Cenang 3 days.

Regards

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,093 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Dear Maradona,

Langkawi is just about perfect to relax a few days. And there are quite some activities you can do without a partner. Dev's Adventure offers some really nice tours, just to mention the kayaking in the mangroves. Boat tours are great and you have some water sport activities right on Cenang Beach.

Cable car is a must if the weather permits.

For a bit entertainment at night you will find some beach bars at Cenang, Sunbar and Babylon for the.

No, no reason at all to get bored!

Enjoy a great time!

Eva

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Hi Hugo

Well, I was bored to death in Langkawi every single night. During the day you can keep yourself busy, but at night there is absolutely noting you can do other than watching the stars and watching your elderly British neighbors getting totally drunk.

You might be lucky enough to catch some footy action in the TV. But again Tv channels in most hotels are often as limited as their entertainment program (for sports you are down to the brain killing guys from ESPN in most hotels- it sucks!)

No point making suggestions to the management. They won't even get your point.

Better take some books and don't expect to find anything going on on the island.

Sorry to be so frank, but you better should know what to expect.

Our 'local experts' will prefer to call it 'laid back'.

Me and my friend we rather call Langkawi 'Pulau Pensioner'.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Langkawi

I can't blame you my friend. If you want do something at night and watch good channel/programme, you should have stayed in Singapore than coming all the way to rot to death.

You and your friends should have gone to Phuket or Pattaya for more action at night.

Langkawi is for those people like me who got burnt out of Singapore. Total Relaxation!

Pls plan your holiday for more exciting and exhilarating experience. Wish you all the very best!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
562 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Well said Baskie, I couldn't agree more...Yourname would be well advised to do some research before going on holiday next time. Most of us people who go to Langkawi enjoy the simple things it has to offer and the peace and quiet so don't knock it Yourname.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Hey guys.... How are you??? It has been a long time since I have seen you in the forum. Welcome back!

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Can't tell you on how many websites (flyers, brochures, TA post, ads , clips) Langkawi has been described as an exiting, happening, going, thrilling,......place.

Sorry for taken these ads too seriously. Should have guessed that this is nothing but sales talk.

I have to admit, they probably cant just come out and say: 'Hey Langkawi is a wonderful place, but a Granny Island, you know!'

No offense with that Granny-thing. We just were not aware about it. Bad luck for us.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip to Langkawi

Some get excited to the rare species of orchids here, it can be happening when you can explore the rainforest here and trecking to the peak, thrilling if you get to see the colugos(only flying monkey species in the world), the four types of birds only can be seen in Langkawi, fortunately life can get going by seeing the species of sap of the trees which can possibly cure cancer, HIV and AIDS.

And I truly admit, you can actually get bored if you are enthusiastic of what mother nature provides here. SORRY! Buddy Langkawi is not for you...

Happy Clubbing!

Get answers to your questions about Langkawi