We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hello,

I am going to Langkawi in May and I have booked a flight landing in KL LCCT at 1230 and a flight from the same terminal going to Langkawi at 1405. As it is Air Asia the flights were booked seperately and as I am coming into KL from Australia I will have to get my luggage and clear customs etc to go check in for the next flight. Has anyone done this connection in that time frame. I am worried that there will not be enough time between flights and perhaps I should try and switch to a later flight to Langkawi?

Thanks.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,806 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hi

You might find this recent thread really useful

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k2…

As Air Asia is a point to point carrier, you will have to clear immigration, collect bags, clear customers etc, which can take 30-60mins. Then go to you depature check in, to check in again. Check in desks close 40mins before the scheduled depature time.

90mins is cutting it very, very, very, fine. If you flight is late arriving you will not have enough time.

If you can change flights without having to pay again, I would.

Perth
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hi Alex

It all depends on if your flight is on time into KL LCCT.

I have just done the same trip but booked the later flight to Langkawi 16.10.

As it turned out I would have have had ample time to catch the 14.05 as we had cleared customs by 12.45pm.

It saves a lot of time hanging around at LCCT if you can make the connection.

It is also well worth it to check in on-line 48hrs prior to departure as it will save you a lot of time queing at Perth and LCCT.

Have a good trip

Regards

Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Thanks for your replies.

I will take my chances, but will definitely do the online check-in prior to departure. Good idea! Its going to cost to change flights just as it is going to cost if I miss the connecting flight.

Hopefully luck will be on my side and it wont cost me any additional funds.

How did you go Kelmscott? Have fun?

Any tips, must do's...

Perth
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hi Alex

Not sure where to start with regards to having fun as it was our ninth visit to langkawi in as many years.

Langkawi suits us just fine as it is very laid back,peacefull and gets us away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Where are you are staying,everyone on this forum has different ideas and different expectations.

We used to be a Berjaya fan (sorry Steady)but then found the Mutiara,very eco friendly with exceptional staff.

To finish our holiday we always have three night at the Tanjung Rhu.

If you want more info please email me

Regards

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,371 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hi Kelmscott Perth

No need to apologise. It's nice to find others who like different hotels! As long as it's in Burau Bay - which is so stunning, I don't mind!!!

Lesley

Perth
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hi Lesley

Spot on, we do at least share the same beach.

I can gaze at the mountain and rainforest for hours.

So spectacular.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

Hi,

I just had a short tript o Langkawi and faced the same issue. Rather it was the other way round for us. We had booked the flight at 11:25 hrs 3 months back. Few weeks from the flight we got notice that the time has been postponed to 1200 hrs. This was infact good for us as now we had ample time for the transit.

I would recommend, wait till the week you have to fly, then change the flight if the timings are still the same. You can make changes 48hours before the flight.

Enjoy your trip and dont miss the 'island hopping" part. have fun...

8. Re: KL connection to Langkawi Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 13:22
Get answers to your questions about Langkawi