We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meritus Pelangi

Bistol, UK
2 posts
Save Topic
Meritus Pelangi

Hi all,

I am extremely excited to be going on my honeymoon in June to Langkawi. Origionally I was going to book Penang, but Langkawi seems a lot nicer. I have looked at a few hotels, and the Meritus Pelangi seems a good choice.

I am posting to see whether you guys, the experts, agree with this or whether there ae issues I do not know about in this hotel.

I also wondereed whether it is easy to book excursions and activities from the hotel around Langkawi as we will be there for 9 days.

Any helpful comments would be very much appreciated.

thank you

Bill

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Penang Island
Penang Island
Penang, Malaysia
Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi
Meritus Pelangi Beach...
4,472 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meritus Pelangi

Dear Bill,

good decision, Langkawi is the perfect island for honeymooners! Although I am really fond of the Pelangi and recommend it many times, I would prefer Casa del Mar for my honeymoon.

Re: booking tours:

I had written a topic here in the forum about how to book tours and I really recommend to book the tours in advance, online, via email or by phone. Some hotels ONLY promote their own tours and exclude tour operators that don’t pay enough commission. Secondly, it happened to me a few days back that some guests asked a concierge to make a booking with me, they came across me through a recommendation, and the concierge ONLY made ONE phone call and charged me the full commission. I think this is very unfair.

Additionally I think it is a good idea for yourself to plan at least parts of your holiday in advance to avoid that tours are overbooked.

Hope this makes sense to you!

Have a great time, Bill.

Eva

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
2,587 Reviews
Langkawi, Malaysia
Bistol, UK
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meritus Pelangi

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

I am surprised that tours get fully booked frequently, do they only occur once a week or so?

Will look at booking them in next couple of weeks

Bill

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meritus Pelangi

Dear Bill,

it can indeed happen that a tour is fully booked or blocked due to a private group. It doesn't happen very often and in June most likely not but as mentioned before, if you can make your arrangements online it is better to do so.

Have fun in Langkawi!

Eva

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
4. Re: Meritus Pelangi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 23:46