We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi Need Help

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Langkawi Need Help

Hey

Looking to book a trip to Langkawi in mid Oct 09.Few questions firstly place to stay atm I’ve narrowed it down to:

Case Del Mar

Westin

Meritus Pelangi beach resort

Ideally the beaches should be the white sandy type,I have read that Westin beach isn’t so good...

Location to eateries are these hotels within walking distance to places to eat....Now I need your help in recommending one,If another hotel pops to mine please suggest.... Secondly that time of year will it be the rainy season?

Cheers

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,564 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Langkawi Need Help

Hi

From your requirements you would be best focusing on either Casa del Mar or Pelangi. Both are in Pantai Cenang. The beach is lovely and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance.

As Casa del Mar is a relatively small boutique hotel it does get booked up very quickly so don't waste a lot of time. Pelangi is much bigger so more scope for late bookings.

Yes, it is rainy season in October but that is when I am always in Langkawi - so perhaps it's me who brings the rain!! Never bothers me too much and find I get more sun than I can cope with.

Hope this helps.

Lesley

Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,115 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Langkawi Need Help

Dear Davo,

as Lesley told you, Casa del Mar and Pelangi are the right resorts for you.

About the weather: the statistics say that October is the wettest month of the year but over the time that I have been here I would say it is a great month to come. Not too busy and not too hot. Great sunsets after a downpour but more than enough sun!

Eva

Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Langkawi Need Help

Thanks guys

I've decided on Case Del Mar for 7 nights, for mid Oct, looking forward to it....

Best deals were on the Case Del Mar website - travel agent couldn't even match it....

Cheers

Dave

4. Re: Langkawi Need Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 02:20