We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Derby
Level Contributor
243 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Hi there,

Does anyone know what aircraft Malaysian Airlines use to go to Malaysia, also we want to do a multi centre holiday incorporating the Moto Gp in October any ideas of any companies which would help us combine the following holiday.

2 nights near the airport (to go to the GP)

7 nights in langkawi

3 nights in Kuala Lumpur.

Return home!!!

Thanks in advance for any replies

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Hiya, it will most likely be Boeing 747-400 flying out of Heathrow.

What are you actually looking for in the holiday? A guided tour or just need some accommodations and flights booked? If it's the latter,I suppose your neighbourhood travel agent will be more than happy to do that for you at a charge. Else, you can scour the internet for bargains.

For guided tour, frankly for KL, I think a day's enough for a guided tour, the rest of the stay, you can explore on your own. Try journeymalaysia.

Anglesey Wales
Level Contributor
183 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Hi ,

it is usually the 747 from heathrow to KL. Travelbag are very good for either a single destination or multi.

Enjoy your hols

Helen

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Hi,

Try Travelmood, nothing was too much trouble when we wanted a fairly complicated itinerary.

Aldo

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
10,384 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Hi

I second that, I have found Travelmood very good in the past.

Lesley

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,820 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

HI

Yes, its the 747-400 - if you go to the MH website you can also see a seating plan.

I would also second Travelmood, but to be honest, it will work out cheaper to book the hotels and internal flights yourself. Even the most complicated itinery is a piece of cake, and yours is actually very straight forward.

Buy your tickets to KUL - look at a sight like Netflights - or even Air Asia [Asian Easy Jet or Ryan Air] who fly from Stansted to KUL.

Hotels near the airport - TUNE, Pan Pacific, Concorde.

Flights to / from LGK / KUL - Air Asia or Malaysian and you can book on line with both of them for £30 or less including taxes.

Hotels in Lanagkwi and Kuala Lumpur, will depend on yuor budget but booking yourself gives you access to more deals - we usually book direct with the hotels website at less than the travel agents offer (or at least the same), or via one of the many reservation websites such as Holiday City or Passion Asia which offer some great deals. The hotels and the reservation sites charge per room per night (including taxs also known as ++), whilst the travel agents charge per person per night.

Shop around to see what deals are on offer.

Have fun!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,820 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

HI

the line

Buy your tickets to KUL . . .

should actually read

Buy your return tickets to / from KUL . .

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,820 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

PS,

you may find that airlines like Emirates, Etihad or Qatar offer a better deal at the moment, albeit with a transit [short?] stop in one of their middle eastern hubs (Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Doha). Even Royal Brunei (via Brunei) or Singapore (via Singapore). These can be £100 cheaper a ticket than a direct flight with Malaysian.

London, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

Certainly worth the research as I don't know what it is now, but when I booked, Malaysian Airlines (London - Langkawi), was the cheapest airline... and very similar price to Air Asia X. Three weeks before I booked, it was almost £150 more p.p. then went on sale!

However, I think if I'd wanted to book London-KL return with a seperate return flight to Langkawi, the cheapest option was MA (KL Return), and Air Asia seperately for the KL-Langkawi return.

It's very easy to book direct, with airlines and accomodation and saves on cost too!

9. Re: malaysian airlines and multi centre trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 08:17