We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canopy Walk - Not Eexterme activity

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Canopy Walk - Not Eexterme activity

Hi

I am going to Kuala Lumpur on 18to 21 May and then to Langawi for 7 nights after this.

I was orginally going to go on the canopy walk at F.R.I.M. just outside KL.

This is however closed until 25th May and was wondering if there is a similar walk canopy walk in Langkawi. I am aware there is an adventure type tour with absailing atc but I was looking for the more traditional canopy walk over a river/jungle area.

Any help much appraciated.

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
11,789 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canopy Walk - Not Eexterme activity

Hi

Afraid there is nothing like that in Langkawi however you may enjoy a trip on the cable car as this takes you over the rainforest canopy up to the top of Mat Cincang. The view from the top are stunning, especially if you pick a clear day. Whilst you are at the top you can also walk down to the curved bridge which actually goes nowhere but again, views are spectacular.

Otherwise its the adventure type tour.

Lesley

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,344 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canopy Walk - Not Eexterme activity

Dear Fizzypop,

yes, we do have a conopy walk and I tell you out of my own experience it is great!It sacred my like hell but it was un unforgetable event for me!

Jürgen Zimmerer is a German who has built this adventures tour himself a few years back. He is registered here at tripadvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298283-d1…

A few years back he was the winner of being the best tourist attraction of Malaysia. Go for it!

Eva

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Canopy Walk - Not Eexterme activity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 05:18