We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

Hi there

My hubby and I will be in Langkawi in early September and want to put aside 2 or possibly 3 days to just sightsee (and the last 3 days to chill, eat, sleep when in a more expensive resort) ;)

We will be hiring a motorbike for these days. Can people please suggest top things to see/do - and what else is found close by (I haven't done done enough research and so still a bit confused about direction/distances/time to get to places etc).

My hubby is into diving (I like snorkelling) - is there a 'must do' island trip that will satisfy us both?

We like nature, but not too fit at the moment so don't want to do some big walk - just gentle terrain.

We will be staying at Pondok Keladi for these first few days when we plan to sightsee.

Also, should we be hiring a car and driver to get to any of the top must see/do attractions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,247 posts
237 reviews
1. Re: 2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

Hi

Nothing on the island is very far - you could probably drive round it in one hour and the roads are all well signposted. The cable car to the top of Matchingchang is a must do and perhaps a mangrove tour or a 3 hour jungle trek with one of the top operators Dev's Adventure Tours - www.langkawi-nature.com.

For diving and snorkelling it is a full day trip to Pulau Payar - Langkawi Coral and East Marine Divers both do this trip so check their websites for details.

There are several good sailing trips and also island hopping tours which may interest you. Look under the tab at the top of the page marked "Things to Do". This will give you some idea of what is on offer.

Lesley

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
490 posts
143 reviews
2. Re: 2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

Do the mangrove kayak trip with Devs tours if you are into nature - we loved it! Also do the cable car ride for a breath taking view! Enjoy!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: 2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

Make sure you visit the 7 Wells Waterfall! It was one of my favorite things! Wear your bathing suit.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: 2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

thank you everyone! really appreciate the tips!

it's getting closer now and we're excited!

5. Re: 2-3 days of sightseeing - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2015, 12:16