We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral bay v Teluk Nipah

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Coral bay v Teluk Nipah

I’m travelling with my 13 year old son and we wanting to spend up to a week on Pangkor. We like things not so busy and looking forward to being on beach, staying somewhere with a pool and eating at local food stalls.. looking for advice on best beach area to stay on Pangkor, Coral Bay or Nipah??

Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral bay v Teluk Nipah

Teluk Nipah is my suggestion ...

Take note that some of the guesthouses are quite basic in its amentites ...

The Tripadvisor Guest reviews as well as guest reviews on Agoda & Booking.com , Expedia will give u a better idea the pros & cons of each accomodation choice ...

Anjungan Beach Resort is 1 of the more comprehensive resorts with good staff service... but also much more expensive ...

There are many small guesthouses in the same area where the eateries & shops r located...

Do not miss out on having at least 1 meal @ Daddy's Cafe...

I have at least 1 meal per day at Daddy's ever since my first meal there ...

Rent a motorbike right at the jetty so that u can easily travel to different spots on this laidback island ...

Coral Bay area hs mainly Chinese food while Teluk Nipah is mainly selling Malay Muslim food ...

Cheers & Happy Planning 😀

Edited: 25 November 2017, 18:36
Mentioned in this post
Anjungan Beach Resort
Anjungan Beach Resort
381 Reviews
Pulau Pangkor, Malaysia
Daddy's cafe
Daddy's cafe
593 Reviews
Pulau Pangkor, Malaysia
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral bay v Teluk Nipah

Hiya zacha how u duin

I myself like coral bay where daddys caffe is because the beach is quieter and cleaner but it is very quiet during the day with a couple of places to eat at dinner time plus daddys have a couple of sun loungers to chill on whilst your son is swimming in the sea .

Where as nipah bay is a lot livelier it has boat trips to book snorkeling anddoughnut trips and banana rides on inflatables.

One of the beach boys i use is called nonsan. Hes very knowledgeable of all the trips just make sure you agree a price time and day before you take your trip.

There are plenty of shacks to eat at.

On nipah beach you get lot of team building groups which is a laugh sometimes watching them. Remember its only 10 to 15 minutes walk from 1 beach to the other so if you get fed up just walk to the next beach .

Do you have any idea where you might be staying ??

Reply to: Coral bay v Teluk Nipah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted