We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tip of Borneo opportunities

sardegna
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Tip of Borneo opportunities

Hello! I m planning on being at tip of borneo next march (at hibiscus chalets) for 2 or 3 days. I m wondering if anyone can give me a sense of the place in terms of natural beauty, underwater as well (water clarity, seascape, animals), and what the area is like in general. I enjoy being active in nature (snorkeling, diving, hiking, kayaking, etc), also contemplating unspoilt environments, and finding landscape photography opportunities .. Also, should I stick around there or are day trips recommended? thanks in advance :-)

3 replies to this topic
Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tip of Borneo opportunities

Hi nyteck,

Best person you could consult on this would be Mr. James (the owner you book the villa from), he is has good knowledge on this. He is very friendly, just drop him an email and i am sure he will reply to your request.

sardegna
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tip of Borneo opportunities

Thanks sabahgirl..I have been in touch w him and he is very helpful..I was just hoping to get additional feedback/input. If you have time, would you take a look at my other forum questions on sabah? You know a lot about the region and I d love some advice :-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
662 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tip of Borneo opportunities

nyteck,

As you have plenty of time before your visit, consider visiting Pulau Mantanani or Pulau Balambangan or Pulau Banggi for the snorkelling/swimming you are looking for.

From a photographic point of view you will need to get up and be in position very early.

The sun rises from the south east behind Gunung Kinabalu and can provide some stunning light against the early morning cloud, very long rays of light and shadows against the outline of the mountain.

You may want to consider coming south to Kota Belud or Tamparuli for closer pictures of the mountain.

Up on the coast of Kudat or the off shore Islands you can see super sunsets about 1800hrs.

Spend your day getting into position, beach etc. for good pictures.

Reply to: Tip of Borneo opportunities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted