We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Singapore
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Topic
Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Hi,

I am planning to climb mount kinabalu sometime mid of Febuary next year and i ave few question on this trip. Hope to get some feedback and help on my doubt.

1. I am planning for 4D3N at there. Is it a good choice?

2. How long do i need to book in advance before my climbing trip? I heard some is saying half a year in advance and some is saying1 year in advance.

3. Is there any reliable local agent that i could book my tour package with for 4D3N?

4. How much is the rough package price for 4D3N climb package to Mount Kinabalu?

Thank you so much.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Hi siong,

For Mt Kinabalu climb,normally climbers do it with 3days 2nights package. For 4days 3 nights,i guess you plan to stay 1 night at the base,1 night at Laban Rata & another night at the base after your climb.

The price varies,depends on the accomodation you choose (at the base). For 3days 2nights,dormitory type,the price is about RM1300 per person (min 2 person per group),this includes permit,stay,meals,transfer,etc. For 4 days 3 nights,you'll need to check with the local agents.

It is advisable to book early,preferrably 6 months in advance in order to get your desire dates. From now till October,most dates are already fully booked.

Nickie

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,086 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Wildlife expeditions have a 4d3n package

see www.oibtours.com/tour.php?v=product&puid=1

Only in Borneo have a 3d2n package. see

www.oibtours.com/tour.php?v=product&puid=1

Singapore
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Hi Nickie & bigw.

Thank you for your reply.

Other then the Mt Kinabalu climb package, it is advicable to explore KK before the climb trip? Any must visit places in KK that i should not miss?

Thanks again.

Kota Kinabalu
Destination Expert
for Sabah
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Hi siong,

My personal favourite! Go for a day trip at Mantanani island,snorkel or dive.

Pulau Tiga The Survivor Island Day Trip, Padas White River Rafting, Klias River Cruise

Nickie

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,086 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

If you have a look under TOP QUESTIONS' on the right of this page, you will see a topic on Day Trips. It has quite a few suggestions.

Edited: 20 May 2011, 06:50
Kuching, Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

Siong,

1. U may spend much time in sabah as u like for whole sabah tour, but u only need 3D2N for the climbing package. 10 pax per group.

2. U must book 6 month prior to the climbing as it is very pack everyday! But u r lucky if there maybe someone who cancelled last minute and u may go into their group.

3. I would recommend that u book via Sutera Sanctuary Lodge....they will arrange for u!

4. The package for foreigner is slightly higher ,so it is advisable for u to contact the agent!

7. Re: Mt Kinabau Climb Package Feb 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2012, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Kota Kinabalu
Recent Conversations