We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

Haifa, Israel
6 posts
Save Topic
Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

helllo everybody ,

on august im travelling to bali with 2 connections 1 in turkey and the other one in malaysia

im flying with turkish airlines to kuala lampur airport approx arrival is in 16:55

and departure with malindo air is around 18:05

im worried there is not enough time between the flights, also i know there are 2 terminals in kuala airport but im not sure if i need switching terminals or not ( how can i know ?)

anyone has been in those situations and can recommend what to do?

16 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

Have you already booked your ticket/s? Are they on 1 or 2 PNRs? If you are not on fly thru (i have no idea if these airlines codeshare?) I thiink you will be in trouble.

Haifa, Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

i did book already ,

i have no idea whether its PNRS 1or2

on my ticket it says departure KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA

18:05

MAIN TERMINAL

but i checked on wikipedia and malindo air usually flies thruogh KL City Air Terminal

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

It seems that they do have an interline agreement meaning you can book from your origin to final destination without having to transfer or collect your luggage. The main question then, is, did you make the whole booking in one transaction or two?

Haifa, Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

i did it in one transaction , though airline confirmation between turkey- malaysia \

and malaysia -indonesia are different

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

On what website did you make the booking all at the same time, I am assuming tlv - dps? If on Turkish Airlines then your bags will be tagged to dps and i believe the 70 min connection will be enough if your flight from ist is pretty much on time, and say not more than 30 mins late. Just look at a monitor for your malindo gate and go there directly. There will be a security screening at the gate and the doors will close 10-15 mins before departure.

Haifa, Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

i found the deal on scyscanner when i click the order button it transffered me a site called smartair.co.il

and there i made my order

will i have to do a web check in before the flight?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,508 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

Turkish Airlines and Malindo Air use the same terminal at KLIA, the Main Terminal (Terminal M). One hour is sufficient to transfer between flights within the transit area.

Turkish Airlines has an interline agreement with Malindo Air, they will be able to check your luggage through to your destination. You will usually receive boarding passes for all flights when you check-in at the origin airport (sorry I don't know whether you can check-in online), but if Turkish Airlines is not able to give you the Malindo boarding pass, you can pick it up at the KLIA airside transfer desk.

KL City Air Terminal is not an airport terminal. It is the in-town check-in facility located at KL Sentral railway station in the city.

Just curious, where is your destination? Do you hold any passport other than an Israeli one?

Edited: 11 June 2018, 02:14
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

Hopefully...:

1) hopefully that online agent booked your journey as one ticket with TK and did not buy separate tickets, one with TK to and from kul and one with OD to and from dps.

2) hopefully if they purchased two separate tickets then TK will still tag your bag to dps due to their interline and cooperation agreements with OD, even on separate tickets/separate PNRs. I am making an educated guess that they will tag thru to dps. When you look at Manage Booking on TK's website do you see all your flights or only the TK flights? If all the flights then you surely have 1 ticket. If only your TK flights than the agent probably bought separate tickets and then hopefully, likely, TK's interline agreement will still get your bags checked thru.

3) hopefully when you checkin online for TK tlv-kul (assuming that's your journey) you will find you can check in to all 3 flights and receive all 3 boarding passes. If not try and check in for your OD flight on their website (can do 48 hrs prior to departure).

4) hopefully if you miss your flight due to a late TK arrival, OD at kul will put you on the next available flight (which will be the next morning) and will not tell you to contact your ticket agent which airlines often do when tickets are purchased thru a 3rd party. If you are traveling on an Israeli passport you will have to stay in the int'l transit zone where you will find the Sama Sama Express KLIA transit hotel if you are so inclined to want a room to sleep.

5) hopefully if you are indeed traveling on an israeli passport there will be no circumstances which would necessitate entering Malaysia

N'sia tovah!

Mentioned in this post
Haifa, Israel
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

thank you all for your comments it seems that the agent book it as a one ticket so i hope its going to be ok

btw i have a ukranian passport

Budapest, Hungary
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport

Hey, I've got the exact same ticket (just from Budapest, Hungary) but through Istanbul then Kuala Lumpur to Bali. I'm gonna arrive to KUL at 17:55 and my next flight with Malindo to DPS is at 18:05.

I'm superworried as well, I bought my ticket as one trip but can't check in for Malindo Air, it says I must check in the counter.... So I don't know if I must fetch my luggage up in KUL and check the bag in again or it's enough to pick it up in DPS only... what day are U traveling? Maybe we're gonna be on the same planes?

Mentioned in this post
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Reply to: Kuala Lumpur: 1 hour between flights at the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kuala Terengganu