We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

Looking for a late deal w.c. 18.11.07 and have seen one to Kurumba. It is very reasonably priced for bed and breakfast. I wonder if any seasoned travellers could advise: Is it the rainy season in November in the Maldives, is it best to do half board or just bed and breakfast and the room available is standard. Is a standard room ok? Look forward to any recommendations and opinions. Thank you Barb

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

We went in June and we was advised that this was the raining season, it did rain but it was in the evening and didn't affect us.

B&B/Halfboard? Its totally up to you. When we went we went B&B because we do not like to be restricted and like to eat somewhere different every night and I'm not one for buffets so that's why we chose B&B but I have heard that others don't mind the half board option. It depends whether you don't mind eating buffet day in day out?

I'm not sure what the standard rooms are like inside but they are rooms one on top of each other. We stayed in a deluxe bungi and that was pure bliss. If you can afford it I'd upgrade to one of these, it will be that bit more special.

I'm so jealous, I want to go back to Kurumba!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

Barbara,

We went to kurumba in 2006 in a delux bungalow on full board. The resort is fantastic, we loved it. We are going back in March 2008 to celebrate our 25th w/a, but this time we are doing b&b so we can explore all the eating houses.

As for the weather cannot really say what it wil be like in November, but I am sure you will get a tan!

Yes there are more remote islands, but we find the kurumba ticks all our boxes and is a great place to stay

Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
59 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

Just came back from Kurumba, weather was great, stayed one week and no rain at all. Sunny and worm. Resort is great, but standard room is maybe not the best choice, try to get an upgrade to bungalow - you won't regret.

Lichfield, England
Level Contributor
505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

Hi Barb,

I'd definitely do B & B. As others have said, the basic restaurant is all buffet. It's also in the middle of the island, so no sea view. It's also big and had a distinctly cafe feel to it, although, in fairness, the food was good!

We had a great deal too, for a basic room. I E mailed the hotel direct, once I'd made the booking, and upgraded to detached ocean front bungalow's for $50 per night! This was in December 2005, but I'd definitely give it a go, they were fabulous.

5. Re: HELP Needed. Kurumba Nov 07?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:28