We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat in the evening

yorkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Heat in the evening

Just wondering if it's worth taking some long sleeved tops in case it's cold on an evening, traveling 31 march!

Cheers oldie

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heat in the evening

Hi

We never needed anything long sleeved at night but have observed some people - we assumed they were Italians ;) - who used a wrap when it was very windy and perhaps after it rained which meant your skin cooled down.

For us, it is always a question where can we find a breezy spot so we don't get too hot especially in open air restaurants with all the hot cooking going on ...

New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heat in the evening

You will only be cold if your air conditioning in your room is too high! Long sleeves for the plane but absolutely not needed once u are there, don't even pack one just in case!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heat in the evening

If you are acclimatised to Yorkshire weather then there is literally no chance you'll feel chilly!

trayciem
Level Contributor
272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heat in the evening

It's about 28 degrees at night so I'd say no :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heat in the evening

No you really wont need long sleeves. But do take a wrap, I take a couple of thin cashmere ones, one for the plane and i use it like a blanket, and one in my luggage, as my daughter tends to steal it when there ( she has hoodie for the plane).

I have never needed it outside in the evening in the Maldives, but I do need it in the room as my husband tends to have the aircon down low, so if in the room late afternoon, it can feel a bit chilly, however I would not want to wear long sleeves there either, just a vest top or beach dress with a pashmina over my shoulders.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heat in the evening

I think i used a thin wrap in bad weather 2 yrs ago

7. Re: Heat in the evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Raa Atoll
Recent Conversations