We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salalah rite now

8 posts
Save Topic
Salalah rite now

How is salalah looking now?anyhow tel about the weather and kareef

11 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salalah rite now

Khareef (monsoon) should have started, as it is June to Sept. Weather should be great. Maybe someone local has a better update.

Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
274 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salalah rite now

kareef will start in July to middle of September. Some times it might be change.(meaning that may not rain so long and it will only few weeks.)

kareef high season in salalah august and September

thnx

amila

Dubai, United Arab...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Salalah rite now

Right time to visit salalah is end of July. I visit salalah atleast once every yearby road from Dubai. I will be going on 18th of July. Do let me know if anyone would like to join. I will be with my family.

Thanks

Deepu

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Salalah rite now

hi, i will going to salalah with family for the first time from dubai, can you suggest the best place to stay between Muscat and Salalah?

Mentioned in this post
Muscat
Muscat
Muscat Governorate, Oman
Dubai, United Arab...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Salalah rite now

when are you planning to travel?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Salalah rite now

We would be interested in going during August holidays (Eid Al Adha).

Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
210 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Salalah rite now

If you are taking the coast road then Crowne Plaza/Park Inn at Duqm and if you are going the inland route there are a few very basic resthouses. Best to have 2 drivers in the car and do the journey in one go.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
8,948 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Salalah rite now

Dubai-Salalah via Coast Road (Duqm) would be much longer than Nizwa and turn South? If so how much more in terms of time and distance, any idea?

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Salalah rite now

From memory Nizwa to Salalah on the inland route takes 8 hours of driving and is around 850km. The coastal route would be around 1200km, and would take at least 12-13 hours of continuous driving.

But more than the simple numbers, there is nothing worth stopping for on the inland route so the journey can be done in 8 hours without sacrificing any interesting detours or stopping points. The coastal route runs through some amazing terrain with any number of spectacular places to stop and enjoy. There's no point driving the coastal route unless you give yourself time to enjoy it, so you need to plan for at least two full days to make the journey, preferably more.

Mentioned in this post
Salalah
Salalah
Dhofar Governorate, Oman
Abu Dhabi, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Salalah rite now

I am planning for travel by road al-ain Muscat -Salalah any body interested to join

Reply to: Salalah rite now
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted