We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking or Golf Cart rental?

Oregon
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Walking or Golf Cart rental?

Staying for 2.5 days/2 nights in Contadora later in May. Couldn't really find consistent information on golf cart rentals. I'm a heavy walker/hiker in general, so I don't see it as much of a need except to minimize travel time around the island. What is the general going price for rentals and where are they found (does every inn price them differently for their guests? I've seen some people say $30/day, some say $70/day, etc..). Just looking for others opinions...

3 replies to this topic
Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking or Golf Cart rental?

Island is a easy walk. But, yes golf carts are available to rent from either The Point Resort or Geralds.

2-hour rental is something around $40 an all-day rental is $90

Edited: 09 May 2015, 06:48
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
183 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking or Golf Cart rental?

Some hotels include a "mule" in the price, other give a special price with a rental. It takes about 20 minutes to walk from one end to another and maybe 5 to 10 minute walk across. We rented because of the extreme heat. Its quicker and cooler renting a cart. You will have fun exploring the island. We rented for 24 hours then walked the rest of the time. You're okay either way. Our rental was $45 through Casa del Sol. At the air landing strip they were more than double that. Most likely your hotel will pick you & your luggage up upon arrival...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking or Golf Cart rental?

I am also an eager walker, so did not even think about renting a golf cart, BUT the heat here (April 2017) is excruciating. The 20 min walk during peak sun (11-4) feels like hell. If you are fair skinned, get a golf cart, or you will suffer from a heat stroke like I do now. The cost is $65-85 per day. There are no ATMs on Contadora, so bring cash. There is no other way to get around but personal golf cart or walk, water is sold by the Mercado at landing port. if you are out of water and live far from the Mercado, you are out of luck. Hope this saves you from heat stroke

Edited: 18 April 2017, 06:59
Reply to: Walking or Golf Cart rental?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Contadora Island