We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Dear all,

Need help for following questions for two friends wanting to stay in san blas for 2 nights.

1) Which is the logical way to go san blas by taking a tour san blas in panama city or go there by yourself?

2) Possible to take a tour after arriving in panama city? or need to book in advance via internet before going? Considering budget….

3) There are lots of island and dont know where to stay? Where would you stay if you were us? İNA and Isla Coco Blanco already suggested…

Any Help, suggestion and advice would be much appriciated…. THANK you so much allll… please advice…

16 replies to this topic
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Did you check the other thread you opened before? I replied there before you posted the same question again...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29448…

Italy
Level Contributor
3 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Hi. We aŕe planning to visit San Blas too so I found the best offer for now is this https://www.tripadvisor.ru/Attraction_Review…

We didnt book yet but we have time I think is available. Check it. Have a nice trip.

Mentioned in this post
San Blas Islands
San Blas Islands
Guna Yala Region, Panama
Chiriqui Province...
Level Contributor
330 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Hey,

I don't think the best offer will be provided by an agency.... Those agencies have a listing of +5 islands which make your choice more confusing. Which island are you interested in ?

The Hague, The...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

If you are going to any of the San Blas islands, do not do business with a Manual Ariza Garrido. He is a cheat. I made a reservation for 4 nights and paid 275 USD deposit, only to be told the day before I was supposed to check-in, that my booking was cancelled. He was directed to another hotel of poorer quality. When I got there, there was no reservation for me. I had to pay again. Now he won't refund my original payment.

Mentioned in this post
San Blas Islands
San Blas Islands
Guna Yala Region, Panama
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Many Thanks for your feedbacks,

Somebody told me that best, cheapest and efficient way to go sanblas is to make rezervation in mamanella hostel, arrange your pick up and lodge in SB. in this it will cost you around 170USD etc.

franklin and İNA island already recommend but I dont know what is best... but prefer to stay different islands on 2 days.

what do you recommend...?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

170 USD for what exactly? Please detail what you've been offered, otherwise I can't say if this is a good deal or not.

I don't think booking with a hotel or hostel in Panama City will be the best option. Certainly, it won't be the cheapest, as they'll add a surcharge for themselves. My recommendation is to look for which island you'd like to stay at, contact them directly, and have them arrange transportation for you. That's going to be cheaper and you get to choose which island exactly you want to stay at.

I don't recommend staying in 2 different islands. Too much of a hassle. Just pick one, and you'll be visiting several islands during your day trips anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
Culver City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Just returned from Yandup Island Lodge in Playón Chico. Air Panama flies there once a day from Marcos Airport (Albrook) at 6 am, 45 minute flight, and then plane returns to Panama City. Tiny island beach plus boat trips to different islands to snorkel, trips to the indigenous community, their cemetery, the mangroves/water species, and if you're fit, possibly to the waterfall. With 3 meals, all tours included. It's mostly off-grid, (plumbing tho), clean, well supervised. Ominous "bedbug" reference elsewhere was probably sand fleas after a rain (on beaches worldwide) and avoidable by slapping coconut oil on your legs and using DEET.

Mentioned in this post
Yandup Island Lodge
Yandup Island Lodge
443 Reviews
San Blas Islands, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America
Panama City
Panama City
Panama Province, Panama
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

Hello!

I've got a question: You wrote "My recommendation is to look for which island you'd like to stay at, contact them directly, and have them arrange transportation for you." - How can I contact the Island I wanne stay at directly?? I haven't found anything! Only booking.com oder about a hostel. But directly?

I will be glad for any help!

Thanks,

Sky

Chiriqui Province...
Level Contributor
330 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

You can check with Yandup as in a previous post but it will be probably out of your budget....

And you can consider the Ogob Nega Cabins, you can book directly with them and they have a website, there also others listings available on airbnb.

Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: San Blas from PANAMA city *** HELP please****

We just got back from the San Blas Islands. We stayed in a "Hostel" on Franklins Island and didn´t want to book a tour in Panama city because of our low budget . So we contacted the Hostel directly and saved money.

The adress is: nali.sipu@gmail.com

For more information contact me on Facebook: @anniundfrank

Mentioned in this post
San Blas Islands
San Blas Islands
953 Reviews
Guna Yala Region, Panama
Franklin's
Franklin's
102 Reviews
San Blas Islands, Panama
Panama City