We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

I am planning on spending 3 or 4 days in Puerto Maldonado in late May. I'm running into a situation with many/most places I'm contacting about excursions or jungle outings. As a solo traveler most places don't want to commit to anything now since they require at least two people before they will reserve anything. My question is, if I were to try to set up something on the ground after I arrived would that be possible/advisable or should I try & reserve something now?

Thanks in advance

Mariposario Tambopata
Gardens, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Puente Billinghurst
Bridges, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

You should be able to book with single accommodation - of course that means paying a single supplement. Travelling alone should not be a problem at all in Tambopata, only for Manu where due to the logistics involved many trips are only confirmed with a minimum of 2 or 4 people. For the best experience consider a 3 or 4 day complete expereince where you travel from Puerto Maldonado to a lodge for that time - it will result in much better wildlife viewing. If you want to stay in Puerto Maldonado to experience a rainforest town then you could do that for one night & spend the other 2 nights out in the forest. Reember you can fly into Puerto Maldonado from Lima or out to Lima - this often gives people an extra day instead of say flying in & out from Cusco with a split itinerary.

2. Re: Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2018, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Maldonado