We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

I am planning on spending 3 or 4 days in Puerto Maldonado in late May. I'm running into a situation with many/most places I'm contacting about excursions or jungle outings. As a solo traveler most places don't want to commit to anything now since they require at least two people before they will reserve anything. My question is, if I were to try to set up something on the ground after I arrived would that be possible/advisable or should I try & reserve something now?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Madre de Dios Region, Peru
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
734 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

You should be able to book with single accommodation - of course that means paying a single supplement. Travelling alone should not be a problem at all in Tambopata, only for Manu where due to the logistics involved many trips are only confirmed with a minimum of 2 or 4 people. For the best experience consider a 3 or 4 day complete expereince where you travel from Puerto Maldonado to a lodge for that time - it will result in much better wildlife viewing. If you want to stay in Puerto Maldonado to experience a rainforest town then you could do that for one night & spend the other 2 nights out in the forest. Reember you can fly into Puerto Maldonado from Lima or out to Lima - this often gives people an extra day instead of say flying in & out from Cusco with a split itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Tambopata National Reserve
Tambopata National...
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
2. Re: Solo Excursions in Puerto Maldonado

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2018, 14:16