We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus cusco to PM

Ketchikan, Alaska
Level Contributor
274 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Bus cusco to PM

Can someone help me find a reliable place to get bus tickets for RT cusco-pm? I just wanted to make sure it's a notable bus. Flights are turning out to be too expensive at $250 or so

Mariposario Tambopata
Gardens, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Puente Billinghurst
Bridges, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Denver
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus cusco to PM

I just took Movil Tours and it was a positive experience. 50 Soles because I wanted to take the day bus, and they only had the executive available. I purchased on their website, printed it out, but had to pick up my offical ticket at their desk in the terminal, so be sure to arrive early if you purchase online. Be prepared for hours and hours of mountain twists and turns, you might not sleep much on a night bus in those conditions. I only felt nauseous a few times, the lunch stop was super yummy and the scenery through the cloud forest was stunning! It took 10.5 hours. I recommend the Pirwa Hostel in Puerto M. - very nice!

Edited: 08 August 2016, 04:12
Denver
Level Contributor
79 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus cusco to PM

Also, try to sit on the right side of the bus....I chose wrongly with the left side and had sun beating on me most of the way. This is an advantage of booking early on their website...you get a first choice pick of seats!

Israel
Level Contributor
248 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus cusco to PM

We did the reverse route from P. Maldoando to Cusco, day bus that departed 10am and arrives 8pm (10 hours total including 2 x 20min stops). We used Movil Tours, bought the ticket online and paid 18USD for second floor non-VIP seats. The scenery is very nice and varied as one goes from tropical amazon forest to cloud forest to Andes mountains.

4. Re: Bus cusco to PM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Maldonado