We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Amazon tour in February

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Our Amazon tour in February

Hello I am seeking some information please. We are travelling to Peru in February 2017 and we are very interested in doing a 3 night 4 day tour of the Amazon in Puerto Maldonado or Iquitos but weather wise it might not be suitable, so if the tour was cancelled due to rain, flooding or other, would there be enough to do in Puerto Maldonado I look forward to any help or advice that is offered thanking you.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Madre de Dios Region, Peru
Iquitos
Iquitos
Loreto Region, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,761 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Amazon tour in February

Not really, but I do not see a reason why your tourbe cancelled, its a rain forest and rains are expected all year round

Edited: 17 August 2016, 22:17
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,615 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Amazon tour in February

I think it is a reason for concern…

For the past couple of years, I have seen news of Puerto Maldonado being hit by torrential rains. Usually between January-March, news of heavy rains that last for days. The entire city flooding & electric power being cut off. I am sure flights into/out of Puerto Maldonado would be suspended.

River navigation can also be suspended, affecting tours.

Check with your tour Operator and ask them to address all your concerns.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado
Madre de Dios Region, Peru
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
724 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Amazon tour in February

February is the height of the rainy season, but looking at your question you seem to be very flexible travellers which already puts you ahead of the game should heavy rain disrupt your trip in any way. due to TA rules I cannot advertise any services or operators here, but be sure to travel with a reputable company with good backup resources & logistics just in case.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
724 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Amazon tour in February

February is the height of the rainy season, but looking at your question you seem to be very flexible travellers which already puts you ahead of the game should heavy rain disrupt your trip in any way. due to TA rules I cannot advertise any services or operators here, but be sure to travel with a reputable company with good backup resources & logistics just in case.

5. Re: Our Amazon tour in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2017, 13:18