We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Topic
From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Hi all,

just to share for anyone traveling from Xi'an to Zhangjiajie, there is no direct bus. You will have to take a flight from Xian Airport (40km away from the city) to Zhangjiajie Hehua'a airport. Duration is 1 hour. it cost $80 for 2 pax, one-way, with China Eastern

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Zhangjiajie
Zhangjiajie
Hunan, China
6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Thanks for the information!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Was it $40 per person in November? I have just looked it up and showing $315 for two adult and one child for July.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

This flight is seasonal and generally disappears in late October, reappearing generally in May. The most common alternatives when the nonstop flight is unavailable or very expensive, is to fly Xi'an-Changsha then take train or bus, or take train all the way (which can be lengthy and sometimes requires a switch of trains partway).

Chinese domestic flight system puts the final flight schedule and discounted fares into the system quarterly. For July, anything you are seeing now is the full-fare placeholder. Best to wait until at least May or early June before booking this flight.

Edited: 26 February 2018, 00:47
Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Changsha
Changsha
Hunan, China
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
11,282 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Having said that, July is high season for travel inside China and the discounts you can find might not be all that great. China Eastern is one of two airlines doing the nonstop on this route and the will often put "early bird specials" for their fares, so do start keeping tabs periodically and if you see something you can live with, buy it. Tip: you may be better off buying 3 discounted adult fares rather than fool around with a child's fare which is based on a percentage of the full fare economy ticket.

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Thank you kvchinaa.

I'm short of time so will have to fly. I'm actually travelling myself with my two kids but one is 12 years old so I am presuming that he will be adult fare.

Xi'an, China
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)

Train

Xian to Zhang-jia-jie T284 AM01:06-PM18:55

K750 PM22:28-PM15:35(+1day)

Mentioned in this post
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Reply to: From Xi'an to Zhangjiajie (Hehua Airport)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;