We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beijing/ Xi'an / Luoyang - Repost

Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Beijing/ Xi'an / Luoyang - Repost

Hey all. I've posted this in the Luoyang forum but not getting much feedback.

Trying to finalize a route for my trip. The leg between these locations is giving me a bit of a headache! In Beijing the morning of the 15th July. I'm aware we're packing alot in but we're young and able and willing to travel through the night!

Beijing (15th , 16th& 17th)

Xi’an (18th) Overnight train to get here?

Hua (19th) Leave Xian early and stop here. leave that evening when we've finished the hike.

Luoyang (evening of 19th, 20th and leave 21st) Train from Hua

Shenzhen (21st) Flight seems only reasonable option?

One thing that particularly makes me unsure is the Beijing/Xi’an/ Luoyang leg.

a) Am I better to start the leg in Luoyang as it’s closer to Beijing? So Luoyang, Mount Hua and the Xian.

b) Is there a best route to include the great wall that will help me not backtrack too much? eg. go to great wall before getting to Beijing or getting to Luoyang/Xi’an straight from great wall without returning to Beijing.

c) Best way to get to Shenzhen from either Xi’an or Luoyang?

Any help greatly appreciated guys

Mentioned in this post
Luoyang
Luoyang
Henan, China
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Shenzhen
Shenzhen
Guangdong, China
2 replies to this topic
Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beijing/ Xi'an / Luoyang - Repost

Don't know about the others but, yes, fly to SZ. High speed train takes over nine hours and the best overnight does not have soft sleepers.

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beijing/ Xi'an / Luoyang - Repost

Take Bullet train from Beijing to Luoyang. Then Bullet train from Luoyang to Huashan Mountain. Then bullet train from Huashan to Xi'an(40 minutes). Take bullet train from xi'an to shenzhen or fly to shenzhen. This is the best way. Great wall is close to Inner Mongolia. Better take bus back to Beijing and then transfer. Otherwise you ended up in inner Mongolia. Option two: Bullet train from Beijing to xi'an. Then base in xi'an and do the day trips. One day to mountain Huashan and One day to Luoyang Grottoes and Shaolin Temple.

Mentioned in this post
Luoyang
Luoyang
Henan, China
Xi'an
Xi'an
Shaanxi, China
Shaolin Temple
Shaolin Temple
659 Reviews
Dengfeng, China
Reply to: Beijing/ Xi'an / Luoyang - Repost