We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
158 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

We hope to visit Beijing and Xi'an before going to Bangkok Thailand to embark on Diamond Princess which will go Bangkok to Beijing.

1. Would the weather be much better Oct. 13 -Oct 20 or should we choose to visit Beijing and Xi'an Nov. 11 - 18? One is before the cruise the other is after. Both times will have private guide and car.

2. What is an acceptable way to get from Xi'an to Bangkok. Choices could be China Southern airlines with CAN stop China Eastern with PVG stop or China Air with PEK stop. It seems all options will take all day to get to Bangkok. Which airport/airline probably best?

3. How else can we get from Xi'an to Bangkok?

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

Hi there,

Great you will visit China.

As for the tickets from Xian to Bangkok, there are indeed some choices.

Cathay Pacific : Xian - Hong Kong - Bangkok +- 335 USD one way

China Southern : Xian - Guanghzhou - Bangkok +- 357 USD one way

China eastern : Xian - Shanghai - Bangkok +-373 USD one way

Cathay Pacific uses a Wide body aircraft on the Hong Kong to Bangkok route and all other flights are with Narrow-body aircraft like Boeing 737 or Airbus A320.

China Southern offers Premium Economy for a higher price that in some cases are just some dollars more expensive that normal Economy class.

If I could choose I would take China Southern or China Eastern on these routes.

Trains or buses will take too long so plane is the best way. Weather in Xian will be around 15C and not much rain.

Regards

Xi'an
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

The weather in October will be better in Xi'an and beijing, not too cold, but it's the high season for tourist, so you'll expect big crowds everywhere. Noverber will be the off season, so not so many tourists, although the temprature will be a bit lower.

Hope this helps,

xianprivatetour

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

Beijing will likely be less cold in Oct compared to November. I had -8C in October as well aready and without heating. heating period usually starts 15 Nov. But 4*+ hotels usually offer independent heating and some lower rated ones as well.

A n
Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

In my opinon,November is better ,then the weather is not so hot.What is more,you can avoid the most crowed people.I believe you will not miss the beautiful scenery!

5. Re: Xian to Bangkok for Oct. 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 07:16